2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm trying to fit an amplifier wiring kit to my civic (facelift ver.), I need to wire in an LOC to the rear speakers for the RCA, I've just put all the HU back together so I'd rather avoid wiring it directly to there.

My problem is the colours for the rear speakers don't seem to be correct, looking at a wiring diagram for the HU the colours there are correct for all the front and back speakers, but when I opened up the wiring loom under the rear seats as guides have shown, the two twisted pair of wires are not the same colour. I have the facelift version of the civic, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I wired up the red and yellow to test it, I'm not sure if I had the positive and negative the correct way around, but it just caused a kind of static bass for my sub that almost synced with the engine? Not sure if that's useful whatsoever, either way it didn't work.

I've never done this before so I don't want to cause any problems so I've stopped for now.

Has anyone else come by this problem before and know the correct colours? Is this because it's the facelifted verison?

Edit: Oh the correct colours should be:

Rear Left Positive - Yellow
Rear Left Negative - Brown
Rear Right Positive - Blue
Rear Right Negative - Orange

·
Registered
20 Posts
I removed the speakers with connector and a bit of wiring, attached a 1,5V battery and looked at the way the speaker went, does it go out or reverse, out is correct that was my guideline for + and -.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts