2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the rear suspension is very hard and uncomfortable per default in this car (dealer found nothing wrong), I'm wondering has anyone thought about some sort of modification/ tuning? I own a 2010 1.4 Sport.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Eibach springs are the widely aclaimed modification of choice for this unless you want to get new dampers all round.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Could you please give me more detail? Which eibach springs (perjaps some code etc), is there any thread on forum on this or somewhere else? What is the result of such modification, if the rear end is less hard, does it affect the handling? Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
In some other countries, there is no S, SE, ES or EX, but just Comfort, Sport and Executive. It's a bit like ES, without the glass roof, dual zone air con and HID lights, but with the rear parking sensors. At least, that's how it is in Belgium...

Springs and dampers are the same. Not even a wider track. That's only for the Type S and Type R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, as mentioned by chillidog, Sport in my case means medium package of equipment, between Comfort and Executive. It has standard dampers and springs (not of faulty series according to numbers here on wiki), there is nothing actually sporty about the car's performance.
The wheels are OEM 16" alloys.
It's just that I'm annoyed with the unforgivingly hard rear suspension, especially for those in back seats who crash up and down on every bump on the road. It's embarrasing when driving somebody, however I love the rest of the car and would not like to change it on account of that.
I would rather find a way to improve the ride comfort.
****, everyone.

·
Registered
387 Posts
well this may sound abit extreme but I believe with the new facelifted Civics have smaller brake shields meaning its possible to fit 15" wheels (the old integra type-r had 282mm disc like our Civics and also used 15" wheels

On my old Peugeot 307 with 195/65/15 tyres (exactly the same diameter as my current 225/45/17) the ride was very quite and smooth

at one point I was considering lightweight 15" Rota slipstreams, but might go with cheaper the Eibach springs..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.