2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,, is there a problem with general tinting companies tinting the rear window on a 06 civic?,,had a quote over the phone from a company £160 4 windows but they say the part of glass under the rear spoiler cant be done as he informs me its plastic,,,anyone heard of this tint problem?,,steve.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
hi,, is there a problem with general tinting companies tinting the rear window on a 06 civic?,,had a quote over the phone from a company £160 4 windows but they say the part of glass under the rear spoiler cant be done as he informs me its plastic,,,anyone heard of this tint problem?,,steve.
Yep, well known problem, you cant tint is as its plastic. the tint shrinks and cracks if you do.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You can use spi-vision or solarplexus film to "tint" that section.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
There is also a solution called, I think, solarplexius, flexible plastic that can be removed, recent thread on here I seem to remember

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Hey mate, just thought £160 for tinting a civic is slightly steep its about £120 in birmingham.

Sent From iPhone 4s

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I have been quoted £100 for my type r to be tinted. Back 3 windows, however again they won't touch the lower part. Wax dee had done something on his cant remember what so will ask but that turned out good.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Neeeeed this done ! When I had mine done I was told this couldn't be tinted so hopefully they'll only charge a little to just do this bit !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Realise this is an old convo, looking at getting the solar plexius for the bottom plastic window, in the order section your have to select either "civic" or "civic type r", I have a Type S so a little confused at what one I should order? Not up to speed on different body styles etc....... Any help????

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I have been quoted £100 for my type r to be tinted. Back 3 windows, however again they won't touch the lower part. Wax dee had done something on his cant remember what so will ask but that turned out good.

I was quoted £80 from my mother neighbour who I never met before just saw his car advertising the company. ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone got suggestions re whether the bottom rear plastic window is the same on a "type s" as it is on a "type r"??? Want to order solar plexius but only given option between "type r" and "civic", I own a "type s" so a little confused.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts