2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rich,

I've recently had a wheel alignment done on my new (to me) civic and the rear toe one one side is out.:(

I was wondering if you could have a look and let me know the size of shim I'd need to buy to bring it back to something a bit more normal?

Tony,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Rich,

I've recently had a wheel alignment done on my new (to me) civic and the rear toe one one side is out.:(

I was wondering if you could have a look and let me know the size of shim I'd need to buy to bring it back to something a bit more normal?

Tony,
Hi Tony.

The toe on the nearside rear could do with being brought in a little to match the right.

I can supply a shim to do this, no problem.

Just £8.50 inc VAT

Would you need camber bolts too to complete the FRS? I keep those in stock as well at 5 inc VAT

Hope this helps,

Rich

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Hi Tony - Did this fix your issue?

I also have a 2006 1.8 EX, and the inside edge of my drivers side rear tyre is wearing unevenly and in fact is bald less than a year after replacing the tyre.

As the rear axle can't be adjusted/tracked, after reading the forum I understand I could potentially fit a shim to fix the issue?

Regards,
Sam

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sam,

I didn't have the geometry rechecked after fitting the shim. so I can't be sure if it is fully fixed but I believe it has, as the car is certainly better to drive now.
I haven't done that many miles since fitting the shim but the rear tyres do seem to be wearing even.

So I would say that a shim should fix your issue, but it depends on how far out the wheel is from being straight, as shims can only change the angle so much.
But my opinion is even if the angle is to large to fix with a shim, its still worth doing as it will reduce the tyre wear to a more acceptable level even if it doesn't cure it completely.

The only why to know is to have a geometry check on the rear axle (get a print out) and let ABP know so they can work out which shim you need as there's several sizes, they can then post one out to you fairly cheaply.

Tony.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts