2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its been asked a few hundred times before but as this is my first post i cant see any images :)
just wondering how easy it is to fit a rear camera to a stranded head unit (with sat nav) into my 57 plate dirty diesel
thanks wayne

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
i know its been asked a few hundred times before but as this is my first post i cant see any images :)
just wondering how easy it is to fit a rear camera to a stranded head unit (with sat nav) into my 57 plate dirty diesel
thanks wayne
Not too bad if you are okay at DIY, getting the video lead through the rubber gaiter to the boot causes the most trouble, also depends whether you can get your hand up the back of the dvd unit to insert the cable, otherwise you have to do a bit of dismantling. There is a very useful "How To" with lots of helpful comments, plus other recent threads so have a read.

You'll need to make, or buy (see the for sale section) a special cable to allow your camera to plug into the back of the dvd nav unit. Other than that you can get a camera off eBay for less than £15 and you might need a signal attenuator if the screen is too bright, and that can be had for about a fiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts