2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Veedub
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anybody had successfully tried using one of these on a 9th Gen Civic. I was thinking that maybe the sensors behind the current mirror would hide the view forward of the camera....... Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Not sure about the obstruction; perhaps try putting your phone camera's lens where the lens would be? That should give you an idea.

One think to watch out for is the quality of the sensor (camera) and the mirror display, if that is the unit you are looking at - There was a review on youtube that might be of use, but I can't remember the link

·
Veedub
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've just hardwired a NextBase 412gw behind my rear view mirror, turn the screen off and I barely even notice it's there. It sits behind the drivers side of my mirror and still has room for adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
I put my 412 on the passenger side of the mirror so I can see all the pseudo buttons.

Don't forget to put a small blob of BluTak on the ball before pushing it into the holder so once tightened it's more solid.
Without it they have vibration, you'll notice it when you look at the parked wipers and bonnet edge in the footage.
Made quite a difference to mine. Almost no vibration now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts