2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys -

I've recently noticed the lack of switchy thing on my rear view mirror - namely when some idiot on the motorway was driving behind me with full beams on....

Anyone know if the mirror is supposed to be auto-dimming or what we are supposed to do about this?
 

·
estranged
Joined
·
391 Posts
Mine has a switchy thing to flip the mirror into its dimmed position, though I hardly ever use it as the rear spoiler cuts a large amount of distracting light out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
I have a dipping thing to tint the rear view mirror. I think you need to get to the dealers and ask what on earth they have stuck in your car!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
375 Posts
tucker101uk said:
Anyone know if the mirror is supposed to be auto-dimming or what we are supposed to do about this?
No the rear view is just the bog standard manual version
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Cad said:
Mine has a switchy thing to flip the mirror into its dimmed position, though I hardly ever use it as the rear spoiler cuts a large amount of distracting light out.
During the night that's one of the main advantages...I realized it the first day I drove the civic. It is really great ( although I think the designers didn't thinked about it).

During the day it disables you to see the type of car in the back (since it covers the front grill) and uf the car gets closer you just don't see who is driving it ( a pitty if it's a beautiful woman 8) )
 

·
Onto my second Civic
Joined
·
469 Posts
alex said:
During the day it disables you to see the type of car in the back (since it covers the front grill) and uf the car gets closer you just don't see who is driving it ( a pitty if it's a beautiful woman 8) )
Heh, I noticed that too. I'm thinking of asking for a refund!

The spoiler's good for blotting out po-faced tailgaters though...

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
May be worth investigating if the Accord 'auto-dipping' rear view mirror could fit ? Power could be taken from the overhead console light.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top