2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a query regarding the rear wheels, they keep getting very dirty, very quick compared to the front wheels. The fronts look very clean even after a couple of hundred miles.

Not sure what the reason could be for this... any ideas?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I've got a query regarding the rear wheels, they keep getting very dirty, very quick compared to the front wheels. The fronts look very clean even after a couple of hundred miles.

Not sure what the reason could be for this... any ideas?? :confused:
the vsa kicking in causes excess brake dust mate

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
As above mate the VSA works by braking the back wheels

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This seems like excessive brake dust, as the fronts also have brakes but don't burn out as much as the rears leaving behind a lot of dust which looks odd on a clean car.

Could it be that the VSA has a fault? or is this how it is with all the cars?

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Same with them all mate nothing to worry about try washing it then switch the VSA off and you'll notice the difference

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
This seems like excessive brake dust, as the fronts also have brakes but don't burn out as much as the rears leaving behind a lot of dust which looks odd on a clean car.

Could it be that the VSA has a fault? or is this how it is with all the cars?
check your brakes are not binding on, i stripped mine down and greased the runners recently as they were sticking slightly

If all ok then it will just be a case of the VSA causing the extra dust

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Make sure the rear brakes arnt binding on mate, mines were replaced and slides cleaned up just before i got the car last year as the mot certificate said they were binding on.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
check your brakes are not binding on, i stripped mine down and greased the runners recently as they were sticking slightly

If all ok then it will just be a case of the VSA causing the extra dust
Nerver realised you posted this just before me haha

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will try with VSA off and see the difference and also check that the brakes aren't binding on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts