2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Be gentle I haven't been on the forum long. I went out to defrost the windows this morning and noticed the rear window was loose. There is about 3/4mm play, enough so you can see a gap at the top. Is there a simple fix for this (whatever it is). I have tried no end of search terms for rear door card removal to have a look myself, hoping the answer would jump out and bite me if I could see behind the door card.

Long and short of it. Is it easy and can I sort it or does it need to go in somewhere.

If its easy, does anyone have any links (with photos preferably)? I tried google, but get hundreds of US versions to look through instead. I'll have a go if it isn't a bad job, but don't fancy spending hours freezing outside,

Its a 2007 five door, 1.8 EX Hatchback if that helps.

Cheers all, great forum, really useful.

Burty.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hi
Welcome to the forum! (I know you've been here a while but first post and all.....)

If your talking about a window on the rear door, not the rear view window then I'd have a go at removing the door card. I would imagine it's just a couple of screws then clips, similar to the front door cards. I'll have a look at mine tommorrow and try and locate and screws for you.

Have a read of some guides on how to replace the rear speakers, as I'm positive they will start with removing the door card.

As for the actual problem I have no idea! But it's highly possible that something is loose and may present itself when the door card is off

All the best and good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I'll take a look at some of those threads. It'd be nice to think it'll present itself. I've found the screws. One is under the handle rubber, the other is behind the door lever.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Cheers, I'll take a look at some of those threads. It'd be nice to think it'll present itself. I've found the screws. One is under the handle rubber, the other is behind the door lever.

Thanks again.
Let us know how you get on[smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted for now, once the plastic triangle section is free you can carefully in pop the clips (you'll need new ones to replace), inside the door is a plastic sheet which has a mixture of plastic poppers and some kind of thick slimy tacky putty to hold it against the door (a bit like tacky anti climb paint).
Once you peel away this carefully you can see the window assembly. I just used some silicone grease and re greased the runner, cable and cable feed wheel.
Tried the window up and down. Sorted.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
All sorted for now, once the plastic triangle section is free you can carefully in pop the clips (you'll need new ones to replace), inside the door is a plastic sheet which has a mixture of plastic poppers and some kind of thick slimy tacky putty to hold it against the door (a bit like tacky anti climb paint).
Once you peel away this carefully you can see the window assembly. I just used some silicone grease and re greased the runner, cable and cable feed wheel.
Tried the window up and down. Sorted.
Well done:grin2: hopefully others will find this useful in the future!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts