2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the car cleaned to find a dent above the rear passenger side wheel arch. Ugh!!!

Has anybody had one of these repaired before? Any recommendations? Looks to have scratched away the paint too :(

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Must give these guys a call, got a dent in my passenger door thats annoying the **** out of me. Same as pictured above but on the crease line :-(

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I used chips away, don't know if there near wherever you are but there good. My other car had a dirty deep scratch and they sorted it n sprayed on my drive and couldn't notice

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Unfortunately paintless dent removal companies don't usually like working on dents where the paint has been broken as they are, well, 'paint less' and are therefore unable to repair the paint. It might be worth sending a photo of it to a local company to check, but you might find that you have to sort the paint yourself afterwards or maybe need to get it looked at to get it blended in properly:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Every time I see it now it annoys me lol.

I've put in a few requests with chips away, ding master etc so will see what comes back. It is only a small area of paint that's scraped off.. I wonder I could get away with a touch up pen?! Probably not but seems a bit silly respraying the whole wing for that tiny area.

Will update and provide after pictures of I can afford to have it done.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Thanks guys. Every time I see it now it annoys me lol.

I've put in a few requests with chips away, ding master etc so will see what comes back. It is only a small area of paint that's scraped off.. I wonder I could get away with a touch up pen?! Probably not but seems a bit silly respraying the whole wing for that tiny area.

Will update and provide after pictures of I can afford to have it done.
I might be that you can get a paint less dent company to push it out and then use a touch up pen yourself (really good guide in the 'how to' on filling stone chips which might help)..... As you say, respraying the whole panel seems a bit over the top for a little ding....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might be that you can get a paint less dent company to push it out and then use a touch up pen yourself (really good guide in the 'how to' on filling stone chips which might help)..... As you say, respraying the whole panel seems a bit over the top for a little ding....
I'll have a look for the guide as I do also have an amazing amount of stone chips peppered all over my car. Joys of a Honda! Very bad bird lime mark on the roof too that I should probably look to coat to prevent rust.. Think the previous owner left it on there for about a year judging by how far it has ate through.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I'll have a look for the guide as I do also have an amazing amount of stone chips peppered all over my car. Joys of a Honda! Very bad bird lime mark on the roof too that I should probably look to coat to prevent rust.. Think the previous owner left it on there for about a year judging by how far it has ate through.
sorry - it was in 'cleaning' and not 'how to'...... here you go mate....

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning/121891-stone-chips-counter-attack.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mate - Appreciate it. Just worried about my level of skill with a touch up pen haha.

Just in terms of a quick update. Ding masters quoted something in the region of £195 + vat but that's just from the image that I provided. Chipsaway are coming out to take a look on Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a better idea from then. Really hoping the mark will just buff out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick update - I had this done a couple of days ago.

Chips away came out and referred it to another chap. Dent is gone and the smudge lifted out. £70 in total :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts