2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now it happened, yesterday there were +1C and raining water, today -15C and car is totally covered by ice. I tried to open passanger side rear door, *crack:(, grunk:p, sproing:mad:*. And time to call Honda Service to fix the incident.

Anybody else had problems with rear door handles when they are in deep ice? If not you were lucky, because seems that spring, cable or what ever in door lever seems to be created so badly it doesn't work in icy/cold conditions.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Thats a shame Juuzi

I'm glad we don't get temperatures like that up here, ok its cold and possibly -10 once in a blue moon but never that cold

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had this, i thought the door handle got broken, but after the weather armed, it went back to normal. The handle had no tension when pulled it just flip flopped back and forth. After it got a little bit warmer, it worked fine, didnt need any fixing by the dealer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had this, i thought the door handle got broken, but after the weather armed, it went back to normal. The handle had no tension when pulled it just flip flopped back and forth. After it got a little bit warmer, it worked fine, didnt need any fixing by the dealer
Wau.. Amazing SFC (Self Fixing CAR) That same happened to me, so nothing went broke *Hopefully*. For couple of days it was the same, then I drove to warm garage and after I opened door from inside, heard little click sound and outside handle is working perfectly and call to Honda Service to cancell the service.
Oh well finally Im changing front and rear speakers so at the same time I will look inside of rear door, if I can see anything what might be still broken.

·
Registered
288 Posts
the mechanism gets frozen if there's enough water "inside" the handle. It still works though even if the handle is loose. Glad that the mighty civic healed itself ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts