2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently noticed quite a sudden drop in MPG in my 2.2 and cant think of a reason behind it..

The only things I have changed are the alloys and the brake pads but the pads arent sticking at all and the alloys are only 17''

I have been driving like miss daisy the past few days and put 30 quids worth of VPower Diesel (shell) and am struggling to stay at 40mpg...

One thing thats changed recently is the weather.. Its cold and very very foggy and damp outside but I cant see it having that much of an affect at the minute.

Is there any other contributing factors that could be affecting my MPG that much??

Cheers

(PS sorry if this has been posted before, I've had a search but cant seem to find anything relating to the diesel)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
the weather will have a slight effect not not that noticeable i wouldnt of thought, when i went from oem 16s to oem 18s my mpg dropped by 3miles on average still achieve 45-50mpg with the 18s on

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I was getting about 43-45 but now im struggling to get 40 when driving at 60 in 6th on the motorway! Don't understand it at all.. Do you think she needs a new air filter or fuel filter or something ?
43-45 MPG is that at the pump or on the trip computer?

The trip computer is not 100% accurate. Best way to calculate your mpg would be at the pump

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Was it regenerating perhaps?
I wouldn't worry if it's over less than a tank of gas.
Could be a number if things already mentioned or even the quality of fuel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got 54mpg on a wide range of driving on my last tank - motorway (80ish - naughty), A-roads, town.

Definitely should be getting in the 50's at 60 in 6th gear!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts