2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had word from a contact off-site that there is to be a mandatory safety recall on petrol 2006 Civics.

This is due to a problem with the fuel pump failing under certain conditions. VOSA are involved, the letters are going out shortly.

At the time of writing, it sounds like 3000 cars are affected.

I wonder if this is the issue that affected my first car?

More news when I get it.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
:shock: blimey! :shock:

fingers crossed it's not too much of an issue and can be fixed quickly :(

Good luck all of you!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I'm going to be a bit confused if I don't hear anything at all as my car is an ex-demo and I've not heard ANYTHING from Honda since I've got it, so I'm not 100% convinced they know I have a Civic, mind about the reg code or chassis number; hopefully somebody can find out which ones are affected.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
generationgav said:
I'm going to be a bit confused if I don't hear anything at all as my car is an ex-demo and I've not heard ANYTHING from Honda since I've got it, so I'm not 100% convinced they know I have a Civic, mind about the reg code or chassis number; hopefully somebody can find out which ones are affected.
It's VOSA related, they'll have your address from tax/insurance/V5 details.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer as I'm in on Monday to have the HFT fix done. I asked him about this issue and he said it only affects a very small batch of cars and they haven't had anyone mention the problem so it's unlikely it will affect any they have supplied.

They should have the info next week and they will check serial numbers and contact customers if necessary.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not quite the same as I had heard, this was from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Doesn't sound too bad, all the same.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
allan40alt said:
Yes, BG, must admit his version didn't shout 'mandatory recall' at me :!:
AFAIK if VOSA are involved, then it will be a "you need to bring this in" job.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
If you go to http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/

you can enter all your owner details to ensure Honda have the correct details of your car with REG and VIN this should surely put the responsibilty on them as you have directly made sure they have your up to date details....well i`m going to do it tonight when i have all the details tonight.... :wink:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just checked out my details on the Honda site. It tells me that work is oustanding on the VIN no. I entered and to contact my dealer to arrange for it to be carried out FOC. It does not state the nature of it.
This I've done and guess what, they know nothing about it!!!! - I've left them looking into it.
Sounds like Honda UK and their dealerships working in harmony - yet again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Could this be related to the sloppy start up which happens occasionally? At least i've experienced it on my 1.8 civic....

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a problem now... i can't input the date of purchase on it, there's no 2006.

So can it be that it only afects the 2005 space ship :?:

Do i click on the recalls and updates ?

thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Have not had or noticed any problems that could be fuel pump related.
All I know is that at this time some work is outstanding on my vehicle - may not even be the fuel pump thing for all I know.
My dealer is on the case but don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Jazz
Leave the year blank.
My car, an EX i-Shift, was ordered in Feb. and delivered early July.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ok ... our little spaceship is ok

it says : there is currently no outstanding work required on your vehicle

:D
[/i]

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Checked my details and it says no outstanding work.

Fingers crossed - it said that last time when the shocks needed changing :?

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Looks like my car is one of them. Bought on the 12th June 2006 :cry:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Mine also says No Outstanding work, but the same as Jobo, it didnt say anything when the shocks needed doing.

I went into Honda today to sort out a few things, I was talking to one of the mechanics and I mentioned this recall, and he hadn't heard anything about it....yet :)

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
"There is currently no outstanding work required on your vehicle."

That's a relief; though I wonder if the online check incorporates this current issue?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Update

My car is showing on the Honda website as " according to our records there is some outstanding work to be carried out on the VIN you entered - please contact your local dealer to arrange for it to be carried out"

My dealer checked their system and my car was not showing any recall work pending.

Then I contacted Honda UK customer care and in spite of their website showing my car needed recall work, they did not know the nature of it and will advise me as soon as they do.
In the meantime they will investigate why their website is showing this information when they (customer care) and the dealership have no knowledge of it whatsoever.
Diabolical liaison - cart before the horse syndrome!!!!

So is it the fuel pump?????????????

1 - 20 of 109 Posts