2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got left a message by my dealer today asking me to contact them about a recall.

Was a bit puzzled as to what it could be as they have already done my filler cap and my shocks aren't noisy - my car was a demo car so I'm sure my shocks are OK, they would hardly have a demo that wasn't right.

So I dropped in on my way home today to be told the recall was to check the shock absorbers and the EPS (Electronic Power Steering).

I hadn't heard that there was a fault with the EPS and the dealer assured me it was to check the model to make sure I have the correct version and type - apparently there are 6-8 different ones.

If the EPS does need changing they will keep the car for 1/2 a day once they have the part in stock as they order it in as they cost £1500 each. Just as well it's being checked under warranty!!! Wouldn't like to have to pay that sort of money myself.

Has anyone else had this recall (for EPS)???

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I had a letter from my dealer about this. I checked on the Honda website for re-calls and that confimed it.
I had the EPS done and the rear shocks. For the rear shocks they will look at serial numbers on them.
All fine and dandy now....no knocking when I reverse out the drive first thing. :D

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
There is an earlier thread on this somewhere around

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
My NSF shock has been squeeking a bit going over speed bumps, but tonight on my way to work could hear a high pitched squeeking noise, though it was a stone in the pads/disc but a sharp stab didn't work. Pulled over and the noise didn't seem speed sensitive so no stone, started off again and was OK until I turned on left hand bend and there it was again, so I think I may have a problem with my EPS.

Lets hope I can get it booked in soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just had mine done for both 2 weeks ago. I was just at the point that I was going to ask about a "knocking" from the shocks in the colder mornings anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IPS -+Shocs

HI ; yes after getting an official letter from Honda stating they have found a fault with these two parts and would i go to my dealer and have them checked out. this i did and they re-placed both the ips + shock absorbers I was told by the dealer Of all the recalls only a handfull required one or the other at the time but mine was the only one to need both.
PS TIME TAKEN APPROX 2 HOURS. Hope this helps

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi big al when did you get your car they checked by the date code only said mine did not need doing still got noises to be sorted ?

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car is booked in for the 24th March to be checked, so will report back then.

"There is an earlier thread on this somewhere around"

Promise I did do a search but nothing came up!

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, took my car in this morning to be checked out.

Result is that my shocks were done at the factory and the EPS unit is ok. :D :D

They have to hook the car up to test the EPS and all was fine. Only prob now is that left rear shock bangs sometimes :( - been told to keep an eye on it, if gets worse they will change it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts