2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a recall letter for an update as excess soot may be effecting emissions during acceleration etc. I have had a remapp done for performance etc. which is amazing on all aspects, acceleration, torque, fuel economy, top end speed and smoothed out turbo. If the recall is a software update, will the remap be wiped off and possibly encription added to prevent it being restored. Remap done 2 years ago, car is 65 plate, but has extended Honda warranty. What would members advise, get the recall done or not etc.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
a bit strange getting recall for a 4 to 5 year old car for this type of thing
my civic is a 65 plate 1.6 diesel no recall for me so far
but almost sure it would be a remap so your tuned map would be wiped out

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for this thread i search and my car is pending this update too. Anyone knows what this does? Maybe something as "dieselgate" in VW?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
just found it on honda website
anyone already had there's done

Online check - your vehicle summary

VIN number: SHHFK3#########]####

There is an outstanding recall/update on your vehicle:

• Non-conformity with car exhaust emmisions reg
Please print this page and contact your local authorised Honda dealer to arrange an appointment and have your car repaired free of charge.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
will be interesting to hear from anyone whos had the recall sorted to see what difference if any they notice

to reduce excess soot should help any potential dpf issues but does it reduce power or give negative effect on economy
my car is still under honda warranty till December so do I get it done early to see if any issue turns up before warranty runs out or do I leave it until its last free service which they will probably do it then regardless of if I ask about it or not

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,375 Posts
Just put my VIN into airbag recall check and emissions non-conformity popped up. Strange as she just passed her 1st MOT less than a fortnight ago. No advisory’s. Emissions would have been checked. Mines a Euro 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just checked mine and it has come up as requiring a recall due to emissions.
I would be interested if anybody has had this done.
Honda aren’t going to release any details so it would be nice to know that it still drives the same after but in all reality something has to give as the emissions are too high as they wouldn’t recall for too low!
Mines a euro 6 too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I’m aware it’s only a smoke test at MOT.
Mine came out at 0.3 limit is 0.7. Mot done two weeks ago.

Just put my VIN into airbag recall check and emissions non-conformity popped up. Strange as she just passed her 1st MOT less than a fortnight ago. No advisory’s. Emissions would have been checked. Mines a Euro 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,714 Posts
I'd be speaking to the company who remapped it or risk telling honda it mapped ,the thing is if your car goes into honda for a repair this recall will automatically be done for you.. I'd be asking if it's a software update or just a smoke test...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Hi, had same recall coming up online for my car. Called local Honda and was told its a software update. 30min job. Service guy i spoke with didnt go much into detail about recall. Booked in for 2nd march. So will see how car will do afterwards.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Hi, had same recall coming up online for my car. Called local Honda and was told its a software update. 30min job. Service guy i spoke with didnt go much into detail about recall. Booked in for 2nd march. So will see how car will do afterwards.
Interested to see how this goes, the VW one made the cars MUCH worse to drive, poor throttle response etc, as it was the response that made emissions worse... hopefully Honda are a bit better!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Did ask if update would reduce power or throttle responce but was asured it should all stay same. Just hoping map would be more perfected than now. Worst case scenario would be good reason to get a remap done ;)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Interested to see how this goes, the VW one made the cars MUCH worse to drive, poor throttle response etc, as it was the response that made emissions worse... hopefully Honda are a bit better!
after the vw remaps there cars started to soot up and clog dpf's so as this is to reduce soot hopefully it wont have any adverse effect

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good reading. So it seems it's a problem with the low temperature in catalyst. Interesting...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for sharing this info guys. I have also scheduled an update for my car.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Sounds like it's change the settings to burn more fuel, to get hotter during REGEN....

Mine goes MENTAL when the car is turned off... smells, and leaves the fans going for 15 minutes like an aircraft on take off.... I presume when it's even hotter, it could simply set everything on fire!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts