2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah i don't like it too.. And as you can read from pdf, this causes no symptoms to the costumer, so i guess the actual DPF software is good to go. The problem is the MOT that can accuse higher values that are "registered" (don't know the term in english).

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I don't imagine this would even be flagged on an MOT:- I'd suggest this is simply to satisfy regulations.

How exactly burning additional fuel, essentially gratuitously, is good for the environment in any sense - I'll leave you to think that one up!

With regards to MOTs, I don't think you'll have trouble - Nobody that I'm aware of has failed on emissions thus far!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, i have done MOT in Portugal in 2019 and no problem with the emissions (or others :) ).

I would make some questions about this when going to the annual maintenance (August / September).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine goes MENTAL when the car is turned off... smells, and leaves the fans going for 15 minutes like an aircraft on take off.... I presume when it's even hotter, it could simply set everything on fire!
I never had this with my Diesel. Once I had the fan running after turning it off but it was quiet and not for long. DPF regens on our VW Transporter on the other hand is what you describe as mental. But never on my Civic.
It rarely regens that I notice (then I go some extra miles).
But I use additives to help the DPF maybe this works well.

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
a forced regen in garages can catch fire
I have a mate who works for a different dealer and he says they have had memos from there dealer saying theres been a few fires on forced regens

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
too be honest I cant say for sure ive ever noticed mine doing a regen
maybe this is the reason and afterwards I might notice more of a change which in theory is a good thing as I will know to run car a few extra miles before stopping

·
Registered
307 Posts
Plenty of tales of BMW and VAG diesel owners having issues after software 'enhancements'

If you're happy with the way your car's running I'd be inclined to leave as-is

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
don't think this is same thing though is it
the bulletin was just talking about the regen procedure
the others were full remaps

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
oh yes
more often than not there is
but the departments did take a look at all manufactures at the time
so fingers crossed we are ok

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
so got my recall letter today
has anyone had theres done yet
there was a member who said they were booked in on 2nd march
any updates

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi scaramanga,

Yesterday I visited the dealer for applying the latest update. Unfortunately they did not manage to install it since they could not contact some Honda server (that's what the manager said). As soon as I have something new I will all let you know.

Thanks,
iLiAS

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
Hi scaramanga,

Yesterday I visited the dealer for applying the latest update. Unfortunately they did not manage to install it since they could not contact some Honda server (that's what the manager said). As soon as I have something new I will all let you know.

Thanks,
iLiAS
the memo from honda says if first the update fails try again and it will install
wonder if your dealer didn't read the memo correctly

·
Registered
62 Posts
In the attached memo you can find a URL which is accessible only be specific third parties (probably dealers etc.). I suppose they could not access this URL or login into the page. In any case, if somebody gets this update let us know about the outcome and response of the car.

Many thanks,
iLiAS

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
so got my recall letter today
has anyone had theres done yet
there was a member who said they were booked in on 2nd march
any updates
Hi, yes got all done on 2 march. Did about 90 miles over few days so was checking how car behaves.
Update took about 40 min. Tried pushing car to 4000rpm just to see if any fault would appier or not. So far cant tell much difference in car to compare how it was. Mpg looks slightly better, but again might be down to weather and fact that im on shell v power. Will fill usual tesco diesel later this week and will compare then.
But so far havent noticed nothing wrong with car.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
So, been few days since last update. Filled car up with tesco diesel and did just over 120miles ( 4 days x 30 miles round trip). Still averaging 55mpg which i usually get on my drive to/from work. (50 mpg to work and 60 mpg on the way home).No changes in car that i could notice.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts