2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
i made a post long time ago, concerning why the civic x 1.6 idtec burns more fuel than the civic ix 1.6 idtec.
to make the long story short, when the ecu detects that cat temperature is low and car polutes more and may clog the dpf, it just shoots more petrol so as to raise temps, even if u dont press the acceleration pedal.
So it may consumes a little bit more, but it doesnt clog the dpg which is really pretty expensive to buy.

Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
It will just burn more fuel so as to bring temps higher when it is neccessary. So it wont clog the dpf easily and wont pollute so much. Bear in mind, that the 1.6 idtec for the X model is a different beast." and its handling is superb!
It took Honda an awful long time to get enthusiastic about the idea of diesel power. In fact, the 1.6-litre i-DTEC unit we're going to look at here powering this tenth generation Civic is actually only the second diesel the company has ever designed for the European market. It's been significantly improved for use in this tenth generation Civic model.
The enhancements include a reduction in cylinder friction, thanks to 'super plateau honing' of the bores to enable smoother piston movement. The 1,597cc engine uses the same advanced Bosch fuel injection system as before, and features a small, high-efficiency turbocharger, a low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation system and a high-intake flow, high-swirl cylinder head port. A high-strength, lightweight slender crankshaft and all-aluminium, open-deck, high-pressure, die-cast engine block minimise the engine's weight. For the new i-DTEC, additional cast ribs have been added to the cylinder block to increase structural rigidity and, consequently, improve the management of noise, vibration and harshness"
AND if you can keep it to 50-60 mph inb long journeys, it can give you almost 80mpg which is fantastic. I have done this 5-6 times but believe me you cannot drive like this all the time.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
I read a honda memo round the time it was first announced
during the burn process for regen it does put more fuel in and for longer period I believe
only 1 or 2 have admitted to getting it done so far and have reported on noticeable difference
1 said it was maybe slightly better on fuel but wasn't sure if that was just a bit warmer weather related

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
it can yes if drove right
we are talking a few months back so wont have been hot just warmer
we will see when more get it done ive had email from the dealer I bought my car off saying they are getting ready to reopen
unfortunately they are not my local dealer but hopefully they will be open soon as my sat nave has just gave a memo up saying its over a year old on map
now funny thing it was supposed to get map update when it was in for something else

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can do the map map update by yourself, i have done this to my 10G. Its pretty staightforward.

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
I know but my car has 2 free updates left on it and it should have already been done so they can do it

to be honest I don't rate the built in satnav my tom tom is way better
the built in unit sticks to main roads seams to ignore the little short cut minor roads

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
my dealer has said the will do mine when its in for service which will be around September
id rather have it done sooner so the warranty has longer to run incase of problems

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dropped mine in for the update today, I noticed a big decrease in torque, now I could have been my car was remapped before as it was a UK car imported into Ireland, it had toyo t1r tyres which made me think it was owned by a car enthusiast, I owned the 2.2 one previously and I always felt this one felt quicker, so more than likely it had a remap done which must have been wiped with the update.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,308 Posts
Some on here comment that they don't know when their car is doing a regen. Quite noticeable to be honest. Your miles to pump on the dash computer will suddenly plummet for a while, throttle response will decrease and the stop / start will not work. Plus if you turn it off during a regen you will still hear fans running. I have a fairly long commute so don't really have an issue but if you're doing a lot of short stop start journeys maybe the Diesel isn't your best option. On 87k and no DPF issues to date, fingers crossed. In fact, I've owned the car for over three year now and I haven't even changed a light bulb, only discs and pads have been changed along with regular servicing. I'm looking after the car well and it appears to be looking after me.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,308 Posts
Just checked my VIN and it says no recall outstanding on mine? I have the facelift EURO6, is this recall just for the EURO6?

·
Registered
30 Posts
strange, I have the 2015 facelift model and it was outstanding for me,

when did you last service ? maybe it was applied by dealer already

·
Registered
12 Posts
The update was planned for mine as well. I told them, half a month ago during my visit for maintenance, the car was remapped. The dealer promised not to update the car. (A week later the man suddenly died, quite shocking... rip)

·
Registered
30 Posts
has anyone else had the update>? interested to see if you had lower torque like me, pity I do not know the history of my car, it must have been remapped, the update does not mention anything about reducing the engine output.

stock engines have been known to put out much more than the 120hp stock, see stock dyno below before they put bluespark in.

part of me is thinking perhaps this update reduces the tune in the engine and thus less output

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,308 Posts
strange, I have the 2015 facelift model and it was outstanding for me,

when did you last service ? maybe it was applied by dealer already
Sorry, a typo there from me. Mine was registered in March 2015 and is not EURO6, mine even though a facelift is still a EURO5. So must just be a recall for the EURO6.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts