2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else been called by Honda for a recall,

something to do with the wiring loom that could intefier with the engine mounts??

thant couls cause multiple problem??

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Not sure mate as I didnt know my car had to be recalled they said they did the wiring loom recall while it was in anyway so they must have changed or moved something to fix the problem:confused:

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Mine was in last week for a faulty door latch (not recall) and they said loom needed checking but apparently it was ok. Still in dispute with Honda UK over £100 bill as car is only 8 months out of warranty and I do not expect it to be faulty considering the passenger door hardly gets used.

At the moment they are not playing ball, but i aint giving up....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Called my local dealer today and they booked the car in for this recall, no official letter or call from Honda as yet.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
If you look at the recall notice its says that you can check on the HONDA website but it seems to be kaput! Looking at the VIN numbers though it's pretty much going to be all of them that need a check! Give your local dealer a call to be sure - 5 minutes for peace of mind!!!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
My FN2 CW was in for the recall at my local Honda dealer about a month ago. It all took but 5 minutes to check that the cables where fine and not in conflict with the motor mounts.

The recall is as posted futher up on specific VIN numbers. However it is not given that cars with the recall VIN numbers have the problem but need to be checked.
There where one FN2 CW in Denmark that had the problem out of about 20 cars I think:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just checked with Honda UK (had to use their Live Chat) as their system seems to be down, mine is included in this recall, i rang our dealer but he didnt seem to know anything about the recall! She is going in for a service tomorrow so i'm sure they can check it out then..:)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Just spoke to honda uk live chat and my car also has the recall on the system.
The recall came up on the system as

5HM
CIVIC TYPE R ENGINE ROOM WIRING HARNESS

Looks like it affects all CTR's

Just booked mine in to my dealer, its just an initial check they are doing first which will take less than 30mins.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mines booked in ..Honda said initial check will take half a day....hope they don't moan about having a hks rsk fitted..maybe in the way of were they need to look???

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Mine is due the recall as well - wiring loom in the engine bay. Also used the online chat on Honda website.

Will get it sorted when it is being serviced. I would be surprised if they care about the HKS, as they serviced mine last year and it has HKS RSK and exhaust fitted.

Does anyone have the detail of the recall?

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Mines booked in ..Honda said initial check will take half a day....hope they don't moan about having a hks rsk fitted..maybe in the way of were they need to look???
Half a day???? Half an hour is all I've been told they need it for. Its a check nothing else.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Not heard anything.... Did you get this through the door, or phone call?
I think you will get something off Honda through the door. I wasn't going to wait. I rang my local dealer who checked the reg and booked it in next week.:)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts