2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recieved from Honda Today! Worth noting

Hello Paul,
The price increases made do not have any relevance to any upgrade to specifications to the Civic range.
In terms of the stereo's used, we use Panasonic head unit's in the cars.
Can I just make you aware that an iPod link will eventually be fitted to all our cars as standard, but will not be in place until the beginning of March 2007.
If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000.
Kind regards
Mark
Honda Contact Centre

·
estranged
391 Posts
I wonder if there will be a retrofit option, and how much it will cost?

I reckon that, as Civinfo members have provided invaluable feedback to Honda, we should get a 'friends' rate.

Failing that it's a trip to John Pease ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a general thought - not having a dig at Honda or other manufacturers.

I wonder if these kits will become obsolete as flash memory gets cheaper? After all a simple USB or memory card slot would be easier to integrate, the manufacturer wouldn't have to worry about a specific MP3 player.

I have just received a Sandisk 1.0gb drive £15.00 delivered - that would be good for over 300 songs.

Mike

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
They said they used panasonic head units, they didnt mention changing manufacturer's so maybe they are keeping the same unit and somehow fitting ipod playback to that?

I would be interested in getting that in my civic, should we be allowed to do so.

·
Registered
975 Posts
this is very good news

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
you would have thought, with the ex having the benefit of a screen etc... they would also have added DAB onto it.

I would pay extra for that, maybe a ipod/dab upgrade. :)

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
I wonder if these kits will become obsolete as flash memory gets cheaper? After all a simple USB or memory card slot would be easier to integrate, the manufacturer wouldn't have to worry about a specific MP3 player.

I have just received a Sandisk 1.0gb drive £15.00 delivered - that would be good for over 300 songs.

Mike

Mike - Good point. I use Xd memory cards in my Olympus Camera and although a little dearer than SD cards they are specified as being capable of upto 8Gb (as I'm sure a lot of formats are). This is more than my 6Gb iPod and far easier to carry around/conceal/lose!

If a USB interface is used a simple multi-card reader would enable a vast choice of card formats and allow me to use all those redundant (16~32Mb) :rolleyes:.

I have also contemplated building a hard drive based unit but then thought an old laptop would be a lot easier. Any body out there have a hard drive based removeable unit, the sort you synch with your PC? (Linux an option ;) ) Looking for a recommendation or a viable plan :confused:

Cheers

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
I have also contemplated building a hard drive based unit but then thought an old laptop would be a lot easier. Any body out there have a hard drive based removeable unit, the sort you synch with your PC? (Linux an option ;) ) Looking for a recommendation or a viable plan :confused:

Cheers
I used to have such a devce in my clio, it was a kenwood headunit with a phatnoise kenwood keg system.

Basically, it was a 10gb harddrive in a cartridge, and you plugged it into a device under the drivers seat and you had 10gb's worth of mp3! I used to have about 80 cd's on there.

It was just a matter of taking the cartridge out, plugging it into your usb device you got with the kit, and then delete/upload whatever you wanted.

http://www.phatnoise.com/

There is a honda solution, but i doubt its for the civic just yet.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Speaking of iPods and sorry for keeping it to myself but over the weekend Amazon.co.uk made a lovely pricing mistake by selling the new 8gb Nano's for 113.99 delivered!!! They are back to their normal apple-fixed price now hehe - so far everyone I know who ordered have not had anything to say they won't honour the price - I didn't really need one but how can you say NO to the new 8gb model at that price ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not as good as Carphone Warehouse last Wednesday who were selling 8gb Nanos for £0.00, although they soon put up Out of Stock on all the Nanos.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I used to have such a devce in my clio, it was a kenwood headunit with a phatnoise kenwood keg system.

Basically, it was a 10gb harddrive in a cartridge, and you plugged it into a device under the drivers seat and you had 10gb's worth of mp3! I used to have about 80 cd's on there.

It was just a matter of taking the cartridge out, plugging it into your usb device you got with the kit, and then delete/upload whatever you wanted.

http://www.phatnoise.com/

There is a honda solution, but i doubt its for the civic just yet.
Yo stu i had the same setup in my previous car wasnt they a sweet setup i wounder why they never took off lots better then cd changer, also mum had one of the traxdata clones still got it some were if anyone wants it cheap Miggins ;), it got startup issuses but she used it upto last year should be repairable if some handy with electronics remote screen still works etc, now broght her one of achos's ipod killers with fm transmitter she well happy.
Yer come on honda sort it ,why should jazz, aygo drivers have something we dont :(

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hello Paul,
The price increases made do not have any relevance to any upgrade to specifications to the Civic range.
In terms of the stereo's used, we use Panasonic head unit's in the cars.
Can I just make you aware that an iPod link will eventually be fitted to all our cars as standard, but will not be in place until the beginning of March 2007.
If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000.
Kind regards
Mark
Honda Contact Centre
Hi,

I ould have a question:
2007 begining of March means production date or this is the earliest date when the dealers can get a car equipped with this? (so production date is then mid of february or so)

For me is pretty important so please let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IPOD Updates

All,
I have been in contact with the factory on this and the IPOD link is underway however not guarenteed. It will be out on all 07 plate cars apparently. I have also spoken to them about in car DVD / TV and so forth and they reckon to have tested this and it not being possible due to the Alpine screen's they use. If this is the case how can ppl adjust the files on SAT Nav CD and get good resolution on their pics.... I just dont think they seem bothered.

The stereo in the car is made by Panasonic, and i have also spoken to them, who referred me back to Honda!! After this i called up ICD-ltd.co.uk and at the moment, they cant supply an IPOD link either..... I might just buy the Jazz's IPOD lead and make one my self and then sell them to you lot at trade prices....

As for the folding mirrors, a plan is underway and when i get my car on Thursday it will be stripped Saturday and Sunday to get this working on lock and unlock of the car via key.... Again pics and parts will be avaialble via myself at trade prices.

I have one last contact to call regarding the DVD / TV and will get an update on the IPOD asap so we can start to listen to our tunes whilst we drive and not just cr!p CD's

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Sweet news hope honda have it sorted for us to reto fit it too , wow poejay your brave riping the door mirrors to piecec on a less then week old car .

·
Registered
56 Posts
All,
I have been in contact with the factory on this and the IPOD link is underway however not guarenteed. It will be out on all 07 plate cars apparently. I have also spoken to them about in car DVD / TV and so forth and they reckon to have tested this and it not being possible due to the Alpine screen's they use. If this is the case how can ppl adjust the files on SAT Nav CD and get good resolution on their pics.... I just dont think they seem bothered.
Sounds great. I will get a 2007 model in January. Can you confirm the Ipod link will be on all 2007 models?

Is it only for Ipod or does it have aux-in too? (Don't have an Ipod)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts