2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Is that the same camera that you used when you took pictures of your triangular exhausts? :wink:

I have an iPod and wouldn't mind having full control over it with my steering wheel controls. Please, let it be true! (and cheap, mind you)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
That looks like the "WHITE" plug to me! (to the left of the one marked above) however I'm slighty worried that Roger Harris already has something plugged in there; could it be the satnav voice or something like that? How do we get it to "pass through"

and any idea if it'll work on ours BG?

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I used an ice>link with my Accord it was a white 16 pin plug which plugged into the CD changer socket of the head unit. This would explain the white socket/plug on the rear of the head unit and the white plug from the German site.
This ice>link did not work with the Civic head unit.

However the grey plug and socket appears to match each other and might be the solution to our problems. It just needs someone to take the plunge or find a dealer willing to experiment!

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Just checked http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4744.html and asked via email whether the lead (CA-DC300N - Panasonic I-Pod Adaptor) will work with the 06 civic (~ £40). Sites that list this part claim it is compatible with the newer Panasonic units that are iPod ready! However I have noticed some that also list a Honda specific lead for ~£120. - to list 2 products with similar capabilities and such a diff in price - I'm not optimistic! awaiting an answer from 2 different sites!

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
That looks like the "WHITE" plug to me! (to the left of the one marked above) however I'm slighty worried that Roger Harris already has something plugged in there; could it be the satnav voice or something like that? How do we get it to "pass through"

and any idea if it'll work on ours BG?
I believe if you have sat nav some of these cables wont work as they use the same connection.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I believe if you have sat nav some of these cables wont work as they use the same connection.
I have the add-on (A-Pillar) bluetooth phone; so I'm wondering the same, you'd need some kind of pass through for it to work.

Also; pretty much every manufacturer/place we asked said that their cable would work, but we don't believe them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ipod connection fitted for £150

I got a quote for a Ipod connection from uplands in Weton Super Mare today they said £150 fitted and this would give me control via the steering wheel.

Anyone know anything about uplands, my wife is getting a Ipod connector fitted to her Seat Altea sport this week.

MarkT

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
I got a quote for a Ipod connection from uplands in Weton Super Mare today they said £150 fitted and this would give me control via the steering wheel.

Anyone know anything about uplands, my wife is getting a Ipod connector fitted to her Seat Altea sport this week.

MarkT
Was your quote for a EX civic or any other civic?

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts

MarkT

MarkT,
Keep searching - I found a site listing a similar cable and price and not long after found the same cable on the same site for £100!!!!!

(still too dear for my liking - its a bit of wire and a couple of connectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Happy to destroy my iPod cable, buy a connector from Halfords and make my own when I have the time (or let somebody do it for me??????????????)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Autoloeads have released a couple of cables for the 2006 Civic.

There is the SOT-908 - A parrot bluetooth adapter.

ALso 06-908B, is a telelmute lead.

It maybe that these leads are using a line in on the stereo to allow phone communication through the car speakers. They have a very good technical department, it could be worth a call from someone who has their car and wants IPOD connection

41 - 53 of 53 Posts