2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually have my climate control set to 21C and Auto.
The other day I started up as usual, then noticed that the recirculate light was on, so I pressed the button to turn it off, and the Auto tell tale on the display went off. Press the Auto button and on came the recirculate light. Each time the fan sound changed, suggesting it is doing something. Tried turning the system off then on, but no change.
Next journey it all seemed OK, with the system in Auto the recirculate only came on if I pressed the button.
A few days later it did the same again, so more experimentation by turning the temperature up, and the recirculate light went off at high temperatures, then came on when the temperature was reduced!
Is this a feature of the Climate Control, or is it a bug (sorry...feature!)?
Terry

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It's quite clever really. When the car thinks it needs to cool the car quickly, it takes already cooled air from inside the car and cools it further (it assumes this is better than trying to cool warmer air from outside). It's a climate control system's way of saying Welcome to Summer. :)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
Seems a reasonable thing to do, I hadn't seen it when we had some warmish weather a couple of weeks ago nthough.
I expected the demist system to do something similar when the weather outside is cold. Does it?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
When you press the front screen demist button it automatically puts all the air up front until you press it off again. Not automatic but functional.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aircon

I've noticed of late that my aircon functions in a way I've not seen before.

I have it set to auto at 21C. What I've noticed is that internal recirculation is selected (it's light comes on) when in auto mode and after a while goes back to normal.

Has anyone else noticed this feature.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
It does the same on mine, I believe it is the most efficient way to initialy cool down the interior of the car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
mine too,it also selects the dual mode sometimes!!.I also think it may be the quickest way to change the temp.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It does the same on mine, I believe it is the most efficient way to initialy cool down the interior of the car.
Got it in one kid.

Clever those Honda guys eh?

"Lady H and I are always fighting over sex and money. I think she charges me too much!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh' another thing,has anyone notced the amount of condensation on the pipe next to the water bottle above alternator- I hope thats all it is!,am concerned if it is happening every time, what about causing rust .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good, I thought it was a feature not a fault. The automatic climate control control on my previous car, a Golf, didn't do this. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Good, I thought it was a feature not a fault. The automatic climate control control on my previous car, a Golf, didn't do this. Thanks for the responses.
A fault?

What on a new Civic?

"A promiscuous person is someone who is getting more sex than you are!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I too usually have mine set to 21 and on auto, but im never sure if i should have the air con set to on or off ?
If you are set to auto then the aircon will automatically come on when the air temp outside (shown in the main display) is higher than the temp you have set.

I think tho that it uses aircon during the re-circulate phase to lower the cabin temp quickly, then it turns aircon off & maintains temp using outside air temp mixing with engine heated air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts