2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I recently purchased a obd2 & EOBD reader from eBay which claims to connect to all Honda cars, the d900 2017 version
only to find it wont connect to my: Honda civic tourer 2015 1.6 i-DTEC s (nav) 5d (UK model)
Can you please on one to purchase
so I don't make the same mistake again and i purchase one which is compatible now, preferably a cheapish one from eBay if possible,thank you

·
Registered
234 Posts
I connected to my 1.6 dtec last week using a bluetooth ELM OBD2 adaptor and torque app on my android phone. All appeared to work OK, able to read fault codes etc although fault log was empty.

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
I have a foxwell nt630 for airbag/abs faults cost me £85 and its been well used since buying
was going to sell it when I got a tablet bassed system that does allsorts of stuff but decided to keep it as its easier to use than the tablet but not as advanced

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure this reader can read and reset don't want to waste money
Thanks

·
4,249 Posts
Ask the seller, then if it doesn't do what he says it does you can send it back for a refund.Ask the seller, then if it doesn't do what he says it does you can send it back for a refund.
eBay said:
DOES NOT EXTINGUISH ABS, SERVICE OR AIR BAG LIGHTS ONLY ENGINE CHECK LIGHTS

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I use the ELM327 Bluetooth with Torque Pro on a cheap tablet i leave in my car, also have dash command aswell on the tablet and Dash command on my Ipad mini
Seems to work for what i need and clears and reads codes perfectly

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
hi all
I recently purchased a obd2 & EOBD reader from eBay which claims to connect to all Honda cars, the d900 2017 version
only to find it wont connect to my: Honda civic tourer 2015 1.6 i-DTEC s (nav) 5d (UK model)
Can you please on one to purchase
so I don't make the same mistake again and i purchase one which is compatible now, preferably a cheapish one from eBay if possible,thank you
can you put a link to the 1 you bought

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anybody with a 1.6 diesel got a cable to work with HDS ?

Lots of cables on Amazon / Ebay etc but cannot find a definitive answer as to whether it works with a facelift diesel. I emailed a few ebay suppliers but they couldnt confirm whether it would work with a diesel.

If anyone has, please say which cable you used

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
Got to love Aldi for bringing things like this to the masses. Nothing better than giving people a cheap way to clear codes so that the local garage has no idea what is wrong!

What was that Spiderman phrase.."with great power..." :wink3:
but you can get cheaper from ebay that works well

·
Registered
23 Posts
@The_Mechanic

Does this definitely work with 9G? I assume the cable comes with the HDS software? Can you see things such as the injector values, DPF pressure etc?

Sorry for the late reply. There is a CD with the cable, but I've downloaded the latest HDS version from the internet.
I don't see why it shouldn't work: it's the original software and the cable can communicate with all the modules in the car. I'm running a 1.8 so I can't check for the diesel stuff.
Literally every switch in the can be read out, dashboard switches, window switches, status of the doorlocks, all sensor values etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. There is a CD with the cable, but I've downloaded the latest HDS version from the internet.
I don't see why it shouldn't work: it's the original software and the cable can communicate with all the modules in the car. I'm running a 1.8 so I can't check for the diesel stuff.
Literally every switch in the can be read out, dashboard switches, window switches, status of the doorlocks, all sensor values etc.
Can you just connect the cable into the laptop and the OBDII port of the car and HDS software will work over this cable - read and clear codes?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts