2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought id start a thread about Iphone apps, seen as lots of us have one. as the title says, recommend an app you have, no matter what type, eg game or utility or whatever. tell what you think of it, how easy it is to use and anything else you might want to share about it.

please keep the thread to iphone only guys, if your android, please dont use it to slag off the iphone or generally bleat about how good android is. Thanks.

ill get things started then.

1: tapatalk.

this is a forum app which i think is absolutely great. i can access all my forums with a simple click, use all of the features id normally use on my lappy, and its pretty quick on 3g. setup was pretty simple, passwords and usernames need only be entered on set up, and the list of forums and the variety is pretty good. it wasnt a free app, but cost about £2. id recommend it highly.

colin

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
TOMTOM
I know sceptics will say its marketed too much etc...but I LOVE IT!
If you get it for free...its a brilliant app!
I use it sooo often and you can personalise it so much...I love listening to it trying to pronounce places such as "Burnley" or "Sowerby Bridge" is a belter!

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOMTOM
I know sceptics will say its marketed too much etc...but I LOVE IT!
If you get it for free...its a brilliant app!
I use it sooo often and you can personalise it so much...I love listening to it trying to pronounce places such as "Burnley" or "Sowerby Bridge" is a belter!

i looked at this too mate, but as i have a tom tom xl western europe, and the app is quite expensive, i didnt bother in the end. lots of people do rate it highly though.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
eBay app for the iPhone is really good and free

ooTunes for streaming radio, small charge but worth it

Top Gear cool wall, so I can put Clarkson straight and get the CTR on the Sub Zero page

Speedball 2, if you ever had an Amiga back in the day you simply have to buy this game

Cheers

Nick

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another one i have is called "Tune in" radio app. you can stream live radio from all over the world, just type your radio staion into the search, locate it and save it to favourites. this is great for me, as after moving from london to dublin, i can still listen to all london radio stations, including underground stations and sport channels. its a free app, but you can pay for the full version and that lets you record also.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eBay app for the iPhone is really good and free

ooTunes for streaming radio, small charge but worth it

Top Gear cool wall, so I can put Clarkson straight and get the CTR on the Sub Zero page

Speedball 2, if you ever had an Amiga back in the day you simply have to buy this game

Cheers

Nick
ive never tried the ebay app, is it easy to get on with Nick?

colin

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
ive never tried the ebay app, is it easy to get on with Nick?

colin
really easy mate, I use it for browsing and bidding - so far it's been faultless

Cheers

Nick

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, ill give that a whizz. cheers

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
+1

Works perfectly in the car with USB port and 3G .... No to data hungry either :)

another one i have is called "Tune in" radio app. you can stream live radio from all over the world, just type your radio staion into the search, locate it and save it to favourites. this is great for me, as after moving from london to dublin, i can still listen to all london radio stations, including underground stations and sport channels. its a free app, but you can pay for the full version and that lets you record also.

·
FEAR NAUGHT
73 Posts
Cydia and Installous from the Jailbreak - then I can save my money to buy bits for my car

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
10 pin shuffle - A 10 pin bowling game thats very addictive and has various game modes.

ZombieBooth - Good for a laugh ! Take a photo of a mate and this app turns it into a zombie video.

StreamToMe - Streams videos over Wireless and 3G from your PC to your Iphone.

International Snooker - Great little game if you like snooker of course !

Scramble - A word search game...Simple but addictive.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has said Angry Birds :)

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
Duke nukem 3D. Top yesteryear game planted in full on your iPhone

Call of duty zombies also

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Imageshack app - Free great to upload your pics, email attachment photo's to your imageshack profile.

ColourSplash - 59p I think cant remember now. Great little app. Makes your photo B+W then you can select parts of your photo to bring them back into colour. Lots on brush options etc

Photosynth - Cant remember the price. Fantastic little app for 360 photos. Or any size. You select the first place and then just move the phone, when its in the right place it will take the next photo.

Oh and of course Sky+ so when im out I can set my Sky+ to record something

Ooops listed a few there.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts