2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Hi all!

So summer is here and I need a pressure washer and can spend around £200. I've heard Nilfisk uses metal pumps and in this price range maybe theyre better than Kärcher?

Are there any other things I need for snow foaming and other valuable car things?

Thanks!

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,685 Posts
Nilfisk are great, you will also need a proper foam lance (not the bottle which comes with the washer), also a dedicated snow foam.

Not sure what suppliers you have in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I've got a Karcher had it a few years and it's been brilliant. The majority buy and rate Nilfisk so to me either or. Your budget will get you a decent PW snowfoam lance and a leave you with change to spend on other bits. :cool:

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll be going for Nilfisk then. Are there any models from they that I should'nt buy or the more expensive the better?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,685 Posts
I have the basic model C110 & I have had it over 4 years & never had a problem. Only thing I have changed/upgraded is the standard hose. I now have a 10m commercial grade one. When mine goes bang I will probably just buy the same one again as it has been faultless.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, very helpful :)

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
I would highly recommend Nilfisk too. Excellent build quality and the pumps are aluminium compared to the plastic ones of say, Karcher.

Only reason I know this is because I actually had a Nilfisk repair guy have a look at mine because it was making a strange noise but he said it was completely normal because of the aluminium pumps and that they are some of the most reliable on the market.

Wouldn't get anything else now unless I go pro...then I'll be getting a Kranzle lol

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Nilfisk are great, you will also need a proper foam lance (not the bottle which comes with the washer), also a dedicated snow foam.

Not sure what suppliers you have in Sweden.

I'll be buying one soon too, what's the price range of the nilfisk c110? Also where's best place to buy a proper foam lance and price ?? (I was just going to use the one that came with it)

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
I'll be buying one soon too, what's the price range of the nilfisk c110? Also where's best place to buy a proper foam lance and price ?? (I was just going to use the one that came with it)
Hd foam lances are around £30. Autobrite direct or there group buy on dw abs.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Cheers Shaun and Wayne. (by the way I would love one of you guys to give my car a detail but you both are too far away for me to travel!):(
3 hours away from me aint that far, leave your house at 3am, arrive at mine for 6am, 12 hour exterior detail, back home for 9pm :D

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Entry level Nilfisk here, think it's the C110 and I'm chuffed with it so any mid priced one should be bang on.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts