2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so currently my only performance mod on my FN2 is the milltek exhaust, it sounds nice it isn't too loud and i like it that way.

However i would like to free up some ponies and plan on getting a flash pro and a custom map @ TDi north, however i want an intake kit before i do this.

So my question to you people is :

What intake gives good gains but isn't too loud...i would buy the HKS RSK but all of the videos make it seem REALLY loud :(.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Tegiwa or alter the standard box and air feed.

I have smoothed the oem air box out and have a driven crazy scoopin in the front bumper feeding the air box. I will at some point be switching to the Tegiwa air box though

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Wouldnt a standard box with a performance panel and a large cold air intake be most beneficial with keeping it quiet? Mugen airbox would be good but the price is insane!

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
HKS is only loud when you are on VTEC (and it isn't a horrible sound it is a nice sound). Best thing to do is find out if anyone nearby has one and ask for a run out in their car.

You could look at Tegiwa but not so sure how loud that is as not been in car with one fitted. Personally got CPL CAI which I'm very happy with.:D

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Yes everything battery relocation kit & full instructions ;)I have just cleaned it & re- oiled it & have the k&n filter cleaner recharge kit & the extra coupler for fitting the fd2 throttle body all which was extra ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
These not have a problem with water ?
Absolutely not (unless you drive through 2 foot of water). Its sits in the wing and doesn't see any. Only time to take care is if you replace the fogs with intake garnish.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
These not have a problem with water ?
:worms:

I've been looking up about what air intake to get as it will probably be my first performance mod and I came across a thread that was pages long with arguments going back and forward about this matter! The general consensus did seem to be that it would be fine if you're not stupid and drive through 2 foot deep puddles of water.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its been debated quite a bit buddy but general consensus is if youre careful thru floods no issue

sent from my phone
Cant say i ever go through deep water...if the weathers that bad i would rather sit home and spank the monkey.

that tegiwa airbox looks tempting...but is it much different that stock ? Looks the same ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.