2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe not the best part of the forum but i wanted to keep opinions exclusive to Accord owners.

I need some new front tyres, i currently have 4 Bridgestone Potenza's fitted. The cheapest tyres i can find supplied, fitted and balanced without going online will cost £118 per tyre. The tyres are Michelin Primacy HP.

Tyre specs are: 225/45R17 91W
My car is a 2006 2.0 litre petrol Type S.

I have done some digging on Google, but i cannot find a single brand of tyre that someone has not moaned about regarding durability.

I want something that is going to last as long as possible. Your advice is appreciated.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't ever choose tyres for durability, but for grip (on any car) - there are only 4 rather small patches of rubber connecting the car to the road, and I believe in being "safe rather than sorry" ...

In the past, driving UK company cars, the leasing company wouldn't allow anything other than Michelin to be fitted, since their database showed that these ALWAYS had the lowest % of accidents (and the leaser gained more from the car's residual value than they got from insurance if there was a write-off, and the residual value was higher for cars with no accident history) ...

So, I'd buy Michelins every time, but never the absolute cheapest type - it's more your driving style than anything else that affects 'normal' tyre wear and durability ...

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have bought 4 x Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Vredeste...ac Sessanta at tyre reviews - the online tyre guide 225/45/17 on my Toyota they cost me £335. These tyres get good reviews and are very good in the wet, not sure about the dry as it must have rained every day for the last 8 weeks;)
I'll match your pathetic 8 weeks and raise you 6 months ! ...

(Lucky we've got global warming, eh ?) ...

"Back to the Thread" - I still have the original Michelins on my Civic, and I really do rate them in both wet and dry conditions - I'm not so 'bombastic' as to insist that nothing else is better, but I can't fault them - and any other makes I've had (on used or hired cars) just haven't given me the same good feeling ...

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I'm with JDR - tyres are so critical when it comes to both enjoyment and safety. The MPS2s on mine (same size) were excellent, and I kept going with them. Another good option (less sporty, less wear) is the Conti Premiumcontact 2.

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I've gone for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric tyres all round on mine - and there is a noticeable difference between the handling of the hire cars I've driven (with the standard bridgestones on them) and mine.

Worth every penny.

I got mine from Camskill - were the best on price - just needed them fitting after that :)

·
"Bang Tidy"
91 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had a set of these too and I can confirm, without a shadow of doubt, they are excellent.

Great value for money too, never usually more than £90 a corner...

Hope this helps...

Sub
Does anyone know where i can purchase these from apart from Ebay?

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts