2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my R is coming up on its third birthday ('08) with 30,000 kms to show so far, so I'm wondering, what sort of modifications can I do that aren't massively complicated and not overly expensive, only additions over the basic are side door protectors and R badge. Obviously I'd love to see a little more poke :)
Also I'm not as content with its braking so any recommendations there?
As I'm new to this whole side of motoring I don't even know suppliers so again, good websites, information etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the answers, but naturally answers spark more questions [smilie=think2.gif]
The brake line kit mentioned - is it a straight forward procedure to change them, or is there directions supplied with the kit?
The Flashpro looks just up my alley but what performance improvements can I expect to see, the website is very technical?:rolleyes:

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Many go for the better springs such as Eibach Pro-Kits, make a big difference,

Also Fast road set-ups FRS seem popular,

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Thanks guys for the answers, but naturally answers spark more questions [smilie=think2.gif]
The brake line kit mentioned - is it a straight forward procedure to change them, or is there directions supplied with the kit?
The Flashpro looks just up my alley but what performance improvements can I expect to see, the website is very technical?:rolleyes:
I have just had my first set of mods fitted. Take a look at my drive back review on this thread. Hondata flash pro custom map etc.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/55271-eibach-15mm-springs-fast-road-set-up-2.html

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
If you aren't sure about changing brakes then you shouldn't (IMO) be attempting them! It won't cost much more to have a pro do them anyway.

A lot depends on your budget as others have said and what you are looking to achieve.

For handling get Eibach springs, and/or FRS (Fast road set up). There are plenty of reviews on this forum.

For engine Flashpro is the best place to start. For that bit more get a custom map.

Above that if you want to throw the car round corners and look cool then think about some lightweight alloys.

Good luck with your choices.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
So my R is coming up on its third birthday ('08) with 30,000 kms to show so far, so I'm wondering, what sort of modifications can I do that aren't massively complicated and not overly expensive, only additions over the basic are side door protectors and R badge. Obviously I'd love to see a little more poke :)
Also I'm not as content with its braking so any recommendations there?
As I'm new to this whole side of motoring I don't even know suppliers so again, good websites, information etc.
pop up to dublin to meet me mate, ive a few things done to mine that might give you an idea of what you want. :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I think it depends on what areas you want to improve, for me I thought the brakes were rubbish so like others have said, HKS, Do-Luck or Goodridge braided brake lines and maybe uprated pads. If you feel the suspension is a tad rubbish then FRS and Eibach springs will help. If your after more power a HKS RSK and exhaust should get you about a 20BHP increase without Flashpro and 225BHP with Flashpro (alot more driveable with Flashpro)

If your after some inspiration take a look in the Modification Project section, people have tried all sorts. The TDI section of the forum is also good for comparison on intakes, exhausts etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That would be nice to upgrade to drilled or grooved brake disc, around £300 on ebay (if you fit it yourself)
Or get a mugen oil cap, around £20 on ebay.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
How much for a flash pro? and is it just plug in? sorry these must be bone questions to you guys.

and where would I get one from.... again I suspect a bone question..

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can get f/pro from tdi-north or sometimes on here in the for sale section Best to ask them for the most recent prices. They totally know what they are doing and have tuned many members cars Inc. Mine ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
LSD is a must!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Well if I were you if your not happy with the brake go for uprated fast road pads, braided lines and a change to a performance fluid. Then the best bang per buk I think would be get a flashpro and then have it properly tuned. And get a FRS done I think that is a nice alround advise and you are not going crazy on cost. If you got that lot done and then see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts