2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a service and need some new rear pads anybody got any recommendations ? Have tried brembo pads before and just got a bad squeaking without them being.much better to be honest.

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Would love to hear about these. Would you let us know how you get on.

Specifically regarding performance and brake dust....

Cheers mate

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I fitted a set of EBC Redstuff rear pads a couple of months ago.

Performance
I must admit that I did not noticed a vast improvement straight away but I think they may be getting better now, I occasionally lock the rears under heavy braking (I have standard pads in the front).

Dust
Initially I was disappointed as they were advertised as producing much less dust than standard pads. The rear wheels always had more dust on them than the front and this continued with the new pads. However now that they are properly bedded in the rear wheels have noticeably less dust that the front when I clean them.

Squealing
I have never heard so much of a cheap out of the pads since the day they were fitted. They came with anti-squeal shims already attached to the back of the pads. I used plenty of copper grease in the grooves where the pads run and on the back of the pads touching the caliper. I was replacing due to the pads being stuck in the grooves (they were very difficult to get out and destroyed in the process). When fitting the new pads I had to grind down the tabs that run in the grooves slightly as they were a bit tight and would stick. When finished they slid lovely but were snug so wouldn't rattle about.

Sorry it turned into an essay but hope you guys find it useful.

Scott

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Cosworth street masters

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sooo quick update on the pads. Very easy to fit aslong as you have a wind back tool and the red looks good under the alloys. Been on now around a week and at the moment there is a fair amount of brake dust. Not more than OEM but I think its starting to improve now as they have has a chance to bed in. The performance is good though they are sharper than OEM and I have not yet had any fade. Will tell more when they are fully bedded an I give them a good blast !

·
Registered
307 Posts
.....seen on ebay theres some good deals on mintex pads and discs...are these ok for just everyday use (no track days etc) and do they create much dust??...also seen some brembo pads for good money, anyone had some of those?.....i really want ferrodo ds2500 but they are expensive and may be overkill for just road use..?

I

·
0 Posts
Had Red stuff on my 3.2 gain vectra, first set fell apart after a few days and had to be replaced (Demon Tweeks). 2nd set were okay, but not much of an improvement over standard pads

·
Registered
307 Posts
...ok...just to be clear, i need some new pads on the front and will do the discs as well...i have seen some brembo discs and pads on ebay for the ep3 at £106....i gather they will fit no problem???....brembo discs are 300m by the way....

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I would say it all depends on the type of driving you do, I give mine a fair work out and a trackday on oem rears.

Switching to Stoptech rear grooved discs and ds2500 pads soon just to see if I can keep the back balanced a little, I find it a little underbraked outta the box tbh

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
much better to use the original honda break pads.. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is it worth getting ferodo ds2500 for the rear as well as the front for my 2.2cdti?

Or do you think it is better to go for ds2500 on front and premier on back?

I am fitting ep3 callipers to the front with ferrodo discs all round.
Like stoney says mate, depends on what driving your doing. For fast road the premier is good enough. Spoke to the guy who did mine and he said there isn't much difference between the premiere and ds2500.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts