2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

A bit late to be of much use to UK members but I wanted to let you know that I can thoroughly recommend the Continental TS860 tyres for the 9th gen Civic.

I've never had winter tyres before this year but, as my job changed to one in Halifax 48 miles away, I thought it best.

Wow, you cant honestly believe how much grip is there and how the back and front just track perfectly, braking is great and no hint of TC light, even when starting on a hill. Even over a snowy run across the Cat and Fiddle road to my parents they were perfect, I was actually being held up by an Audi Q5 Quattro that was making a meal of it.

Then I found this video that explains why -
- Very interesting, not sure what winter tyres these are though

Not the cheapest option but I plan on putting the part worn OEM Michelin ones back on soon so they should last a fair few winters if I just use them for those months, having said that, dry grip is very good too.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Don't know what make, but the winter tyres we had put on mrs' BMW 1 series transformed the car from the worst winter driver into one of the best. Out in the snow, hills, braking, steering- the car just ate it up. Really does ask the question do we need 4 wheel drive .

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
i've currently got nokian WR-a3 and some bridgestone LM32's. good rubber.
since i'm midlands, i'm thinking about going with all season for winter use. we get next to no snow and it's more of a temperature reason why i'm tempted by them; they'll handle down to about -6c and cope with the 10-12c peaks where winter tyres start to struggle.

i've got at least another 2 winters on these Nokian&bridgestones...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts