2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've decided to stay NA and not go for a charger.

Anyone got any recommendations for an aftermarket intake manifold?

I am aware most people fit the RRC intake manifold but was interested what other options I had.

I've seen TDI also sell the Skunk 2 K-Series Intake manifold but I've never seen anyone fit this on the forum so dont know where its at compared to the RRC intake in terms of gains.

Also what throttle body would be a good match for the manifold your recommending.

Thank you in advance

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Don't have much input regards which RRC to go for but I too am caught in the more power dilemma. Still waiting on a charger quote from hypertech but surely a charger is the way forward for decent power. Seems to me that staying N/A is a rather expensive folly as the best you'll ever see is around 250bhp. Not that I don't respect what others have done to achieve big N/A figures but I reckon these motors must sound like hurricane jets all manied up and de-cated.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have much input regards which RRC to go for but I too am caught in the more power dilemma. Still waiting on a charger quote from hypertech but surely a charger is the way forward for decent power. Seems to me that staying N/A is a rather expensive folly as the best you'll ever see is around 250bhp. Not that I don't respect what others have done to achieve big N/A figures but I reckon these motors must sound like hurricane jets all manied up and de-cated.
Problem is its FWD, plus fuel consumption with a charger is a mare (being on constant boost).

Plus I bought my FN2 as its NA. If i charge it I feel maybe Type R wasnt the car for me.

Which RRC to go for? Can you get more than one? I assumed there was only one RRC intake manifold.

Having been in TDI Norths FN2 and Deziboys I wouldnt say either are more louder than the other. Both are amazing!

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
In a 2 weeks (parts flying to me) I will be adding RRC+bigger TB, so you can ask me what are the gains. But I don't expect to get more than 5-7HP for both parts (RRC+bigger TB).

The chepest method to add some more hp is of course compressor. With NA and 2.0 you won't get over 260hp, and the price will be more or less the same as a compressor, but everyone has it's own approach. For me Honda is NA and it should remain NA and I know that I have to deal with 260hp and that's all. If you are also a big fan of NA, you also have to deal with it. Of course you can go deeper with K24 etc, but the price for such modification will make you angry why you did not sell the car and buy EVO which will be always much faster than any other Civic...

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
I agree whole heartedly chaps, a properly sorted N/A gets far more respect frm me than a blower, and besides that's what seperates us from the ST's and VXR's after all.

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
think you should go for the skunk2 intake manifold be different :) I was going to go for it after selling my RRC but needed the cash so didn't try it in the end

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think you should go for the skunk2 intake manifold be different :) I was going to go for it after selling my RRC but needed the cash so didn't try it in the end
I thought the same but no one seems to have it :-(

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I have the RRC and FD2 TB, I have a drop in ITG filter and custom exhaust. The dyno standard was 195 bhp so about bang on for a stock motor with only 4500 miles, after all fitted and set up with the flash-pro just shy of 220 bhp so I think a healthy gain, just waiting on prices now for the J's manifold...........

Lee

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I thought the same but no one seems to have it :-(
I have the skunk2 IM on an EP3, the shorter runners bring peak power a few hundred RPM higher up than the OEM options. With a 3" CAI and 70mm throttle my peak power is at ~8550 RPM

Bottom line, It wont make any more power than the RBC / RRC as your head will flow less than the IM at stock valve lift anyway!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ported & Bored RRC 70mm + TB 70mm + TB Spacer + CAI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts