2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My stealer doesnt want to recon the 3rd gear issue and they want to charge me a new clutch. I'm not going to fit the oem one, since it has bad colours with 30K km.
Which one do you recomend? Maybe TODA flywheel/clutch kit?
***** in advance

·
Registered
610 Posts
Toda hi power with flywheel. Very light or competition clutch one.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm using Clutchmasters FX400 + Clutchmasters Flywheel = VERY Satisfied !

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. Is the fx400 hard to drive around town or in the traffic jams?
I've heard some rumours about Toda to be a little hard for everyday use.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have not tried TODA clutch but My FX400 is ceramic 6 puck disc. I don't have any problems during daily use.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Toda is fine considering it's a paddle clutch. I lived in London and was no problem in traffic. Quite light compared to others I have tried plus about lightest out there with the flywheel so you really notice the difference in accelleration and pickup.
Now using competition clutches as they are rated for higher power.

Just be carefull and watch it's not a heavy pedal as that is what wrecks the master cylinders quite quickly

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thank you very much. Your words are highly appreciated. I'm waiting for the answer from Honda Spain to the claim I've coursed this morning.

·
Registered
538 Posts
hi,

If you think these discolorations of the original clutch, then it is perfectly normal.
This is my clutch after 20.000 km and wear is almost not present:

First of all I would say the following:
I can not recommend the FX400 Clutch and Flywheel from Clutchmasters.

I had installed both parts approximately 10.000 km and was not at all happy with it.

The FX400 has already for this low mileage the following wear:

I am convinced that this relatively high wear comes from the many grinding the clutch (otherwise the clutch when reversing is not metered particular/mobile!)

The flywheel, however, has caused unpleasant resonant noise at idle-speed.

Whoever sets a TypeR worth much for comfort, which should avoid these parts.
This is also the reason why I have been after 10.000 km swap back to the OEM parts! :)

I think we should talk not always nice everything! ;)
And we need to see the facts in the face! ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I don't have pics but mine it's not as blue as yours. The fact is that i've recall the stealer about 3 or 4 times 'cause i had problems with the clutch. They said it was the clutch bomb (excuse me i don't know the name of the piece in english), then another time that it was the pedal. When i told them about the 3rd gear issue more than a year ago, they told me that it was normal since the car must be running in.
This winter the 3rd gear issue was annoying, but since my college and my work are far away from my home, and Honda doesn't give any replacement car while mine is at the repair shop i couldn't take it there until i got hollydays in August.

Now they admit there's a problem with the 4th gear, but they said 3rd is fine. They decided to change me the flywheel free of charge, but they want to charge me 850€ for a new clutch kit. Anyway they don't want to install any kind of aftermarket clutch neither the OEM LSD. They just didn't believe me when i told them that the CW FN2 has an oem LSD.

I think i'll go for TODA, i'll buy myself the 3rd/4th gear syncros and a wavetrack lsd and will take the car to Madrid to fit all the gear propperly.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
FN2 you have?
what model year?

In the first models (2007), there were problems with the 3rd Gear.

PS: Your Honda dealers seem to have no idea of what he sells! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, My Fn2 is from late march or April 07

The Stealer here only knows how to count the money. I'm aware of the 3rd gear issue, but Spain is different!! Once you buy the consumer doesn't have any rights.

·
Registered
538 Posts
even here in Germany is different from any dealers.
for example, I am very happy with my dealer and drive for over 5 years Honda. It is my second Honda which I bought from this seller.
I get every time regardless of whether warranty or service a free rental car. :)

but this is not just because I am a regular customer, but is a general performance of my dealer! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, my father works for VW making the Polo. I was going to buy a Golf GTI. You know, he drives the car for about 3 months and then the company change his car and sells it at a good price. But I've to move to an other city, and i needed a new car ASAP. I wanted a Hot Hatch, but the only ones that i could buy in less than a month was the megane sport and the civic. I went to the honda because it has a good reputation of reliability and i prefer NA over turbo, but the thruth is that honda service in spain is crap. Many users in spanish forums are very upset with the brand service. The car runs fine, but there're many little issues that the dealers don't want or don't know how to fix. I was so upset with the service that i tried to sell the car. Finally I decided to keep it.

Sorry for the Offtopic. I'll keep you update with the news from the stealer!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
not only the sale including a good discount makes a good seller, but also the smooth and courteous settlement of a problem or warranty case.8)

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Exeddy carbon ceramic if you got the money. They are built to last and to handle alot of power so if you running more power than standard and wanting mor epower later on this is the clutch for you. Mates evo has one and he chuffed with it can get very heavy at times but you get used to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts