2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just an interest of mine

Before I get the torched down im asking this not because I race or anything stupid like that I am genuinely interested in seeing how I drive...(make sense))
But yes I am wondering how do people do this?
tripod and camera? >_>

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

I jammed the camera on the tripod down the side of the seat for this one!!! lol

And just held my phone camera with my right hand on this one :-D

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya see I tried the holding phone with one hand trick but thats bad...very bad >_> like bad bad bad and could get me in troubles :(

No specific things for this?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use my phone, and put laggy bands round it on the passengers sunvisor facing forward...
Not a bad idea that one!
Will have to remember that maybe even try it tonight

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Has anyone seen those camera's you can buy that just record your journey? Like in case of an accident or something.

I think they fit behind the rear view mirror.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
A colleague drove through a set of road works at 50mph and was flashed by a speed camera. He drove back around, got out for a look with other drivers who had been flashed and all the signs displaying 30 mph were face down at the side of the road.
So - he used the camera on his 'phone mounted on the top of his steering wheel to record the drive through and the lack of signs. Rang the police and the camera safety partnership people, and was told if he produced the footage he could be done for driving without due care and attention and for using a 'phone at the wheel of his car.

He never did get fined for speeding due to the amount of complaints received - the workers hadn't set up the signs and the council had not applied for a reduced speed limit in the area.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
think you should buy a VI monitor..just so happens i have one for sale..it does real time recording :)

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
think you should buy a VI monitor..just so happens i have one for sale..it does real time recording :)
Thats only stats, I was looking for camera to show driving :p

I like to rub it in the face of those in england who think its fun to drive, when we get over here cows and plenty of fields ^_^ freeeedom

Jaygee I think your onto something there, that sounds very promising, might have to put that onto the christmas list, so far I have my mobile strapped to the sun visor :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts