2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! Decided to create a thread about my new car and to have a record of what's been done to it. As previously said in my introduction I had Honda cars before and may consider myself as a Honda fanboy.

Previously owned EJ9 - installed EK9 suspension and Evo4 Recaro seats into it.

Then had an EP2 Civic - it was a lovely car, looked good and very reliable and would serve 1000 years, but engine wasn't powerful enough especially when aircon was on.:smile3:

But last weekend I've picked up this beauty.

I was on the market after Type-R for a few month and travelled all over the country in a search of decent example, but it was hard to find a car with good history and condition. Most of them are abused and/or not really looked after or priced higher than they worth - not an easy job it was I must say.
But happened I've spotted a Honda Approved 2010 FN2 for sale by official dealership not far from me and decided to view it. It came with full Honda history from new and fully stamped service book up to date, 40k mileage on the clocks, 12 month warranty, GP kit and Lightning M200 wheels. After the test drive and visual inspection and the fact it was LSD model it was no-brainer really and paid deposit for it. Dealership agreed to fix the early signs of roof rust through Honda UK and did wheel alignment before collection.
Happy days!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Very very nice, love those wheels on the Milano. That has not helped at all lol.
Love the previous cars too.

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! To be honest I wanted milano red the least of all colours FN2 comes in, but with GP kit and grey/anthracite wheels it’s growing on me every day.
I also like the space where 4 people can seat very comfortably and good size boot. Cruise control and other features make life easier compared to ep civic and overall design makes it look newer than it is. Pleased with the car and planning to keep it for a loooong time.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Lovely! And really lik the wheels. How much if you don't mind me asking

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got already Tegiwa intake with Driven Crazy scoopin from WhiskyDelta and 15mm Eibach springs from another member on Facebook. As well as modified OEM shifter, basically DIY Tegiwa short shifter copy, but for 1/3 of the cost.
Mods not on the car yet, just want to get a feeling of the standard car first and get to know the car. Won't be chasing magic 240-250 horses, but only subtle mods to enhance experience and improve things where Honda cut corners. Better brake pads, most definitely FD2 oil pump conversion, maybe some bolt-on's in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Any chance of side on shot please so can see the wheels better.. cheers.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I've got already Tegiwa intake with Driven Crazy scoopin from WhiskyDelta and 15mm Eibach springs from another member on Facebook. As well as modified OEM shifter, basically DIY Tegiwa short shifter copy, but for 1/3 of the cost.

Mods not on the car yet, just want to get a feeling of the standard car first and get to know the car. Won't be chasing magic 240-250 horses, but only subtle mods to enhance experience and improve things where Honda cut corners. Better brake pads, most definitely FD2 oil pump conversion, maybe some bolt-on's in the future.
Good luck with that. You are starting exactly with the same mods as I did and said to myslef I will end it there. Obviously ended up with a full fd2 conversion a hks rsk and custom exhuast with sports cat :D Beware of the modding bug it can become very expensive :D

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice one, those are good enough thanks. Love the wheels and have been contemplating for a while. Will have to get some cash together and see what’s available.

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck with that. You are starting exactly with the same mods as I did and said to myslef I will end it there. Obviously ended up with a full fd2 conversion a hks rsk and custom exhuast with sports cat :D Beware of the modding bug it can become very expensive :D

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Oh yes, n/a modding is expensive. Thing is this is the only car in my family, so any changes to it have to be pre-approved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
these wheels are crazy ! Great purchase, it's a nice and shiny example, keep it OEM look :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received promised AC relay from the dealership instead of Omron which shouldn’t be used according to Honda TSB. Will swap tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Don't know what I paid since they were slipped into the job fitting a new bumper paid for by the donkey who reversed into me.

Would guess £50-60.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Not a fan of the wheels at all, what wheels are they? Fake Mugen, aka Mugen "UK 200". they don't suit the car at all, and I've owned a Milano. IMO the best wheels are the standard multi spoke 18's, they look soooooo good and always have, they may be heavier than the Team Dynamics or other after market etc but they just suit the car so well. The 19 inch Rage are even worse than these. If you can get a fair whack for these on Ebay or similar, and I admit I dont know the market, I'd sell them and get the Honda Type R 18's that it should have or if not at least get a decent set of another brand.

I'll be burned for this probably, because people love replicas, but for me a CTR should have its proper wheels on and no silly Mugen spoilers. Its either a Mugen 20 or its not. Its either a so called UK Mugen 200, or its not.

The car looks lovely tho, aside from my stubborn views, its Milano and shining like Jack Nicolson

1 - 20 of 174 Posts