2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hope mine is not going to take that long. :) It didn't go as planned, but instead I've installed driven crazy scoopin, new horns and front indicator led bulbs. Will do wing mirrors tomorrow, I hope.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
So finally got around to the wing mirrors indicators yesterday with the good result.

This is how the "worst" side looked with the leds illuminating - barely can see anything in a day light.

Just a matter of prying cover clips from inside.

Opening the light unit case I took with the extreme caution, as it's very easy to crack the light unit. Used hairdryer a lot. Together with the led strip I've decided to keep two OEM leds

Haven't got any clear sealant around, but had a tube of liquid gasket. In my experience with my previous car, even most expensive sealant crumbles on light unit assembly application over the time, so I hope gasket will hold better. Also middle plate painted in gloss white, but forgot to take some pics.

And the final result. Took me a day of disassembling, soldering, gluing, painting, sealing etc. Happy with how it looks in the end, but I hope my soldering won't come of in the future, as I wouldn't want to do the same process ever again. :)

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Nice job, looks loads brighter.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Noticed your mudflaps are unpainted.
They look really good colour coded -next project?

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/wilmo-albums-my+fn2+typer-picture40404-100-1128.html
Happened sooner than I expected - found a garage next door to the mechanic I know that paints cars etc., and asked him about the mudflaps and he quoted £70. It was less than half what I've been quoted previously and decided not to wait any longer. If I was to do it myself - I would probably spend that in the materials only, so was happy with the price. Colour shade was matched quite alright, not perfect thought. Happy I didn't have to do it myself, as the finish would be much worse - I'm a crap painter.

Before

After

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
They look alright.

You will never get absolute perfection in paint match.
I have replaced a number of the plastic trims, bumpers etc with genuine Honda pre-painted at vast expense and in certain light you can still see the shade differences.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
how did you fit them?
Positive from oem horn and negative to the body.
As for the positioning- it wasn’t easy as there’s not much space around where I could stick them. I’ve used oem horn brackets to fit them where they won’t press against other parts(metal body parts, fog lights etc.) and as close as possible to the original position. Sound much nicer and a must in places like London unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Sound quality on our cars are not even half good and therefore I have come to decision to replace everything. Purchased speakers first and some sound proofing material. Would like to change HU as well, but have no budget for it at the moment.

Did you do the tweeters as well?

Seen many coaxial adapter wiring harnesses in the bay along with decent speaker options from pioneer

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Did you do the tweeters as well?

Seen many coaxial adapter wiring harnesses in the bay along with decent speaker options from pioneer
It comes with the tweeters and I will replace them as well, but haven’t got around to do it yet.

This Alpine combo is a frequently recommended unit to be installed in our cars. Will update after installation on how much improvement it makes.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Installed front Alpine speakers yesterday and definitely a huge improvement compared to the very light oem speakers. Feels like they will handle much more than standard radio has to offer. Unfortunately OEM HU has no settings available to adjust sound in different frequencies.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts