2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 190 Posts

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
New head unit arrived with Connects 2 interface and OEM Honda fascia from @COXMOTORPARTS , but still waiting for reversing camera to arrive. Will be busy during Christmas period. (y)

View attachment 310959
Looks good!

let us know if you need anything else in the future, we are always happy to help!

Have a great Christmas and New Year! (y)

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Alright, with some good tips regarding installation (thank you @Bench!) my double din is officially installed and I'm happy that everything is over now. :) Took me 12hrs all together, with running reversing camera, all cables etc. The whole process is not hard, but time consuming.

Back up camera doesn't drag attention imo.

Many features availabe with the new head unit and sound greatly improved - much better place to be in the traffic. Fascia is a good match too.

Wouldn't want to do this again, but it was worth it in the end. Time to enjoy!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Always wanted to do this but having the satnav and and climate options on the headunit looked toomuch of a job and looking around the posts on here seems a lot to change but yours looks awesome and I would love the screen with red backlight as mines a five door but milano red. I might start collecting parts and just slowly build up to it. Well done as I said before looks awesome mate

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Always wanted to do this but having the satnav and and climate options on the headunit looked toomuch of a job and looking around the posts on here seems a lot to change but yours looks awesome and I would love the screen with red backlight as mines a five door but milano red. I might start collecting parts and just slowly build up to it. Well done as I said before looks awesome mate
Once you have taken this out once its not that bad, mines has been in and out a few times adding bits and bobs and it needs to come out again as i have found out why my radio isn't very good is because i didn't connect the blue wire from the ariel adapter to a 12 volt power supply

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
The most time consuming job was to fit and route reverse camera, other than that it’s not too bad.
This video could be helpful for you.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Used advantage of current promotion running on Michelins and ordered 2x Pilot Sport 4 to fit in 2 weeks time. Rear AD07’s still have left just over 4mm, so should last me until the next winter.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Used advantage of current promotion running on Michelins and ordered 2x Pilot Sport 4 to fit in 2 weeks time. Rear AD07’s still have left just over 4mm, so should last me until the next winter.
Where from, looking at some of those myself. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Blackcircles. There is better offer in Costco, but spec is not the same. Went with 94 XL that should have stiffer sidewalls.
nice one, thanks.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
What do you think about the quality of the new headunit? Responsive to the touch etc?
Yes, from a user of IPhone 8. Obviously not identical, but very close. This was the main reason I went for Kenwood with capacitive touch screen instead of Pioneer Z9200DAB with resistive - price difference spend on OEM double din facia.

Greatly improved sound quality(also speakers not stock), wireless apple carplay is handy, phone mirroring via hdmi, sometimes glare in direct sunlight, good voice signal quality when using hands free call. Sometimes have to unlock my phone for automatic wifi connection. To watch movies via USB audio codec has to be in AAC format.
Other than that I cannot complain. Does everything what latest tech can do I think.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice one, be interested to see what you make of them.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
First impression after short ride - they are comfier than ad08, sidewalls are definitely softer. Have to put few hundred miles on them to judge really.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Was surfing internet in a search of good quality wax as I don't like the finish of fusso to be honest and was recommended Farecla G3 SuperGloss wax. Down from £30 to £13.19 from Amazon atm(about £20 on ebay) - good reviews, so was no brainer for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was surfing internet in a search of good quality wax as I don't like the finish of fusso to be honest and was recommended Farecla G3 SuperGloss wax. Down from £30 to £13.19 from Amazon atm(about £20 on ebay) - good reviews, so was no brainer for me.

show us the final result mate

101 - 120 of 190 Posts