2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
As promised, here is some feedback on Farecla G3 wax. First was decontamination with BH Autowheel and Farecla clay mitt.

Wash and polish to the bonnet, spoiler and fenders - flat horizontal surfaces show the age more than the rest of the body. DA with CG Hexlogic white and black pads and Meguiar's 105/205 used.
Wanted to leave as much clear coat as possible, so wasn't chasing perfection(maybe - 70-80%). Marring and most defects has gone, but OMG how many microscopic stone chips there is(bigger in size filled with touch-up kit).

Car washed once again and one coat of each - AG SRP and Farecla wax.

Wax application is a joy - completely different experience compared to Fusso. It goes on well, due to its buttery nature, smells nice (coconut maybe) and buffs off effortlessly.
Also I like the finish more. Fusso has unnatural gloss to my eye, but carnauba wax has deeper shine that transmits the colour better imo. Not sure how durable it will be for me, as I cannot fault durability of fusso, but I like the looks much more and ease of application of G3 - wouldn't mind to do it every 2-3 month.

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Looks good.
I've found Collinite 476 goes on nicely and gives good shine and still water repellent after 2 coats nearly 6 months ago, just a wash with the Meguiars ultimate wash & wax keeps it looking good.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Looks good.
I've found Collinite 476 goes on nicely and gives good shine and still water repellent after 2 coats nearly 6 months ago, just a wash with the Meguiars ultimate wash & wax keeps it looking good.
I've used Colli on my EP2. Farecla is much easier to apply. For the price it will have to be exceptional wax to beat. Some reviews state it's on par with AG HD wax.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could you name 2-3 of your favourites?
Expensive ones zymol glasur, swisswax mirage, wolfgang fuzion. More affordable but still excellent, wax planet obsidian, wax planet solarized, obsession wax phantom, obsession wax devine and r222 carnauba wax. I like a few dodo juice waxes too

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Expensive ones zymol glasur, swisswax mirage, wolfgang fuzion. More affordable but still excellent, wax planet obsidian, wax planet solarized, obsession wax phantom, obsession wax devine and r222 carnauba wax. I like a few dodo juice waxes too

I've heard good things about phantom. Zymol and Swisswax is too expensive. Would like to try Fireball Fusion one day.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice job, look mint!

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Received a bottle of famous Sonax BSD. Would like to try to mix it with c2v3 and water as a drying aid. More beading needed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sonax bsd is a great spray wax, the beads are incredibly good for what the product is. I have found it to last roughly 2 months before it needs topping off again :)

One thing to note, it can be hard to buff off in the cold as residue becomes grabby/tough to remove.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Yeah I read about it, therefore will dilute it in a separate bottle and try it - want to see if I like it or give it to my father. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I read about it, therefore will dilute it in a separate bottle and try it - want to see if I like it or give it to my father. lol
I have never had any problems using bsd,give a few sprays into your microfiber to prime it first then a few more sprays into the cloth then apply a thin layer over the panel then buff with a separate microfiber . Should have 0 issues pal

·
Registered
586 Posts
For best beading/ protection i recommend Simplewax Armageddon. Best wax I've ever used

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
TBH I like how easy is to work with Farecla, but ideally I would like to go back to coatings, just not sure which one.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I prefer ceramic coatings too. My fn2 is coated and like the wash and dry ease. Reload and wetcoat are great top ups

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 190 Posts