2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Nice job, looks to have coated well.

I had mine Diamondbrite coated, works well and has lasted over 2 years. Comes up shiny every time. I do top it up though a couple of times a year with their ceramic glaze to give it that extra coating.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Little update what I did this week. Used storage at work as a garage and took care of the stopping power of my car, as everybody knows that brakes are not the best on this.

Ideally would like to fit Brembo kit from Freakyparts, but as funds not allowing at the moment I've opted for most popular option from Tegiwa all around, but with DS2500 pads at the front.

This is how my brakes looked originally. (discs changed colour after wash)

This is with painted calipers(Foliatec gloss caliper paint) and new components.

Brakes bleeding was also done at the same time.

Took me some time to grease all the necessary parts to avoid squealing. After some research specially purchased some PFG110 slider pin grease(ceratec/copper grease cannot be used there), Loctite for bolts and Ceratec for everything else. No squeal for brake in 25 miles and hopefully nothing in the future,

Overall happy it's done and ready for the summer. Hope braking will improve after the brake in period.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Same time as I was dealing with the brakes decided to give a clean to the wheels and protect them with Gtechniq C4.

As that little bottle of C4 goes a long way, I have applied it on the exterior trim and headlights after light polishing. Garage is a huge thing I must admit, especially in this kind of weather that we had in the last few days.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Small update - before all that virus madness passed my MOT without advisories:cool: and got complemented how clean the car is inside out from the tester-Honda owner.
Upgraded my cheap £8 puncture repair kit to a quality one - saved me 2 times, so I thinks its a good investment.

Also received this Shell 5w40 on the deal I've posted yesterday. Very good, within engine spec, winter oil option being thin 40 weight which is good for cold starts and with good cleaning properties.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts