2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice job, looks to have coated well.

I had mine Diamondbrite coated, works well and has lasted over 2 years. Comes up shiny every time. I do top it up though a couple of times a year with their ceramic glaze to give it that extra coating.

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Little update what I did this week. Used storage at work as a garage and took care of the stopping power of my car, as everybody knows that brakes are not the best on this.

Ideally would like to fit Brembo kit from Freakyparts, but as funds not allowing at the moment I've opted for most popular option from Tegiwa all around, but with DS2500 pads at the front.

This is how my brakes looked originally. (discs changed colour after wash)

This is with painted calipers(Foliatec gloss caliper paint) and new components.

Brakes bleeding was also done at the same time.

Took me some time to grease all the necessary parts to avoid squealing. After some research specially purchased some PFG110 slider pin grease(ceratec/copper grease cannot be used there), Loctite for bolts and Ceratec for everything else. No squeal for brake in 25 miles and hopefully nothing in the future,

Overall happy it's done and ready for the summer. Hope braking will improve after the brake in period.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Same time as I was dealing with the brakes decided to give a clean to the wheels and protect them with Gtechniq C4.

As that little bottle of C4 goes a long way, I have applied it on the exterior trim and headlights after light polishing. Garage is a huge thing I must admit, especially in this kind of weather that we had in the last few days.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Small update - before all that virus madness passed my MOT without advisories:cool: and got complemented how clean the car is inside out from the tester-Honda owner.
Upgraded my cheap £8 puncture repair kit to a quality one - saved me 2 times, so I thinks its a good investment.

Also received this Shell 5w40 on the deal I've posted yesterday. Very good, within engine spec, winter oil option being thin 40 weight which is good for cold starts and with good cleaning properties.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Went to for a short trip to fill her with some petrol this morning and on the way back noticed that it slows down unnaturally when releasing accelerator pedal. Touched driver's side and it's cold, then passenger side caliper and it's too hot to touch.
Guess I will have a job soon.:confused: Rebuild kit ordered. (y)

·
i-Vtec
3,308 Posts
Type R calipers seem really bad for this compared to Normal civics, wonder why this is?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Air filter cleaned and re-oiled, not too dirty but will move cleaning to every 6 month. Some particles found at the bottom of the airbox which is expected with airscoop, but not too bad. I have an idea hot to prevent it as well.
On the other hand test wiped the clean side of the airbox and it was as clean as you could probably get, which I'm happy about.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice one, had my k&n filter for over 3 years now and still pretty clean. Done about 18k miles since too. Is it easy to clean? And how long does it take to dry.

I also have the cleaning kit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Received my Nissin caliper rebuild kit including caliper piston and it looks like the same kit as from Honda, but doesn't have premium price. Bought two kits for both front calipers for the peace of mind and also 2L of Castrol React Performance brake fluid to bleed the system properly.

Front pistons seen better times.

Both grooves cleaned with dremel, rebuild done and ready for installation.

Just come back from test ride and everything works as it should. As always piston installation was the biggest pita.
This was the last time I services front calipers - next time will simply upgrade to Brembo Megane MK3 calipers.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Nice one, had my k&n filter for over 3 years now and still pretty clean. Done about 18k miles since too. Is it easy to clean? And how long does it take to dry.

I also have the cleaning kit

I did less than 5k. Easy cleaning and oiling procedure as per manual.
I left it for about 48 hours to make sure its dry and 24 hours after re-oiling before installation.

K&N kit and MAF sensor cleaner I'm using below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/99-5003EU-Car-MotorcycleMaintenaince-Kit-Cleaner/dp/B003O2ZRRM

·
Registered
586 Posts
Cool, will give mine a clean tomorrow seeing as i have a couple days off. So from memory do i spray it, rinse with a hose and once dry i oil it right?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Cool, will give mine a clean tomorrow seeing as i have a couple days off. So from memory do i spray it, rinse with a hose and once dry i oil it right?

Yes that's right.
Here is the video below that I've used as a guide, except it took me much longer to clean. I've sprayed the cleaner and rinsed two times.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thank you mate

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Received my clutch damper bypass hose from Freakyparts and waiting for the rest of the parts do proceed with the job.

Also it's was time to replace engine oil.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I have a strange habit to cut open oil filters and on my previous build at HondaKarma I have posted couple of them open inside and and build quality didn’t impress me, including special S2k filter.
So this is a H1540-RTA-003. Made in Japan by Mahle. Good quality paper which still stays sturdy(damage is from opening), spring metal valve works good and rubber-silicone membrane also very good quality and comes back quickly to its shape. End caps of the filter element covering the whole of its top and bottom and glued nicely without excessive glue coming out. This time I’ve used Mann filter as I know its a good product, but I will most likely come back to this version on Hamp filter.
Few pictures.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts