2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
Right, where to start...
Hose from Freakyparts arrived with wrong connections on both sides (that's after 2 weeks wait) :confused:.
Managed to get correct hose from Ebay seller with correct fit. Slave cylinder nipple replaced, just in case as it's known to seize.

Hose in place and system bled - took some time to push all air bubbles out. I've used 2 man method as usually and it worked without any issues.

Bite point has raised a bit, shift time has decreased I believe, clarity of the feel whats going on "down there" has improved I believe. Nor did I have problems with shifting before, but mainly for reliability issued this mod has been done. There is reports that damper failed and clutch pedal just drops to the floor in the middle of the journey - something I would like to avoid. Cannot say that comfort reduced dramatically or do I feel vibrations on the pedal. Remember I did feel slight vibration at first test drive at certain rpm, but now after 2nd time driving I just appreciate the pedal feedback and cannot remember how it was before, so I guess it's been done for good.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
Done reset of ECM with Snap On Solus diagnostic tool and run the engine for 5 min whrn up to temperature. Seems ok.

Will definitely buy HDS - I guessing essential tool for a Honda-only enthusiast.
No HDS, but something different.
While for clutch bleeding purpose I had to remove TB intake hose, I've cleaned TB again and did throttle learning with newly acquired Launch X431pro3 diagnostic scanner - professional level of tools for almost 200 makes (which I will never use anyway, hence only Honda installed atm).
After the process throttles response is as good as you would get and reaction on accelerator very smooth.

Engine bay needed a bit of clean after all the works done.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Received my Nissin caliper rebuild kit including caliper piston and it looks like the same kit as from Honda, but doesn't have premium price. Bought two kits for both front calipers for the peace of mind and also 2L of Castrol React Performance brake fluid to bleed the system properly.

View attachment 312396
View attachment 312397
View attachment 312398

Front pistons seen better times.

View attachment 312400

Both grooves cleaned with dremel, rebuild done and ready for installation.

View attachment 312401

Just come back from test ride and everything works as it should. As always piston installation was the biggest pita.
This was the last time I services front calipers - next time will simply upgrade to Brembo Megane MK3 calipers.
hey, sorry to bump this up but i'm looking for the same caliper rebuild kit but can't find it. do you have a link by any chance?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
hey, sorry to bump this up but i'm looking for the same caliper rebuild kit but can't find it. do you have a link by any chance?
Wouldn't go for anything else mate - it's much better quality than brakesint kit(popular choice and I had it on my previous Civic) or anything else from ebay and the price is almost the same. (y) It's out of stock atm probably due to the virus.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
@iMZee Fusso wax. I did use Gtechniq c4 previously, but it didn't last too long. I will try ppf next month and see how long it will last. If that won't satisfy me than I will try Optimum Opti-Lens.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Not much happening, just enjoying the car, toying with the idea to get a Marlin remap from Paul West a bit later.
Planning a trip through Europe soon and decided to apply Gtechniq G5 to the windows to help on motorway speeds.

Also collected from Honda new rear light bezel instead of cracked one and key for R cover - really like it. What I don't like it is quality of fob screw which I successfully stripped. Honda want £8 for tiny screw, but I found a similar size laptop steel screws on ebay which should be not made from cheese.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Now is a time to write something after my holidays, as I have used my father's garage to get my Civic undersealed and have to say it was a good idea because the state of some fn2's Ive seen online is shocking. Also my Civic had very minor marks of rust mainly on the edge of the panels underneath and after removing underside plastic covers and inspection I can honestly say it's as good as I could probably get. To preserve it in the same condition underside plastic covers, skirts, wheel arches and covers, rear bumper all was removed and jetwashed.

Some hard to get places were cleaned again with sponge to get the best adhesion. Rust spots were wire brushed and treated with Aquasteel which I used on my previous ep2 and I like it's performance. Then the car were fully wrapped and I haven't forgot myself either.

After curing for couple of days Dinitrol ML has been applied for cavities in various places together with 3125 for open areas.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Caused by high speeds in Germany and probably poor fitment by the guys at Honda dealer when repairing the roof rust that moulding seal flew off and replacement item has been ordered and properly installed.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Had my fuel filler cap string perished and broke in the end so I had to fix it. Didn't fancy to spend £40 on complete unit from Honda and found some rubber 3mm jewelry cord on Ali and gave it a go.
Two weeks later and £4.44 for 10 meters to our chinese friends and it's fixed.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts