2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was following a Milano Type'R along the Crewe bypass at about 8:30 this morning, when it changed in to the second lane to avoid some birds sitting in the road. At the same time the birds decided to fly away. CTR 1 - Bird 0.

Gaz.
depends on size of bird, be surprised if the CTR came off unscathed

had a big fat wood pidgeon hit my Mk5 Golf a few years back, it was nearly sitting in the back seat via windscreen by the time I pulled over [smilie=unhappy-ang:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Worse one that I haver EVER encountered was a few years back.

I thought that I had hit the cat that ran out in front of me.l

I stopped to check it's condition and it was nowhere to be seen.

I felt better for that!

A few days later I opened the bonnet to check the radiator and HORROR!

The engine was covered in bits of cat everywhere!

It must have hit the fan on its way in!

Grisly clear up job that!

"I've given up that exercising lark!
The ice keeps jumping outta the glass!"

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Worse one that I haver EVER encountered was a few years back.

I thought that I had hit the cat that ran out in front of me.l

I stopped to check it's condition and it was nowhere to be seen.

I felt better for that!

A few days later I opened the bonnet to check the radiator and HORROR!

The engine was covered in bits of cat everywhere!

It must have hit the fan on its way in!

Grisly clear up job that!

"I've given up that exercising lark!

The ice keeps jumping outta the glass!"
Never mind Lady H throwing up - I have just thrown up [smilie=umm2.gif]

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Never mind Lady H throwing up - I have just thrown up [smilie=umm2.gif]
Sorry 'bout that - I bunged that in the wrong bit didn't I?

......bunged it on too quick,

......'cos matron's on her rounds!

"Why do people who don't want to go to hell,
Get themselves buried 6ft closer?"

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I was following a Milano Type'R along the Crewe bypass at about 8:30 this morning, when it changed in to the second lane to avoid some birds sitting in the road. At the same time the birds decided to fly away. CTR 1 - Bird 0.

Gaz.
Ha Ha Same happened to me this morning on the A51 to chester with a pigeon. It went straight underneath my car and flew off with a few less feathers.
Could have been the VTEC shock wave that made them go loose. :D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Now as a dealer; should you not have pulled alongside and flashed your business card at him, then quoted him for a new bumper ;-) :lol:

Tom

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I've had a squirrel and a pigeon.

Squirrel was just a squash with tyre job as it ran out but the pigeon decided to fly into my front offside plastic wheel arch trim.

Lots of feathers and no damage to the Civ.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I hit a squirrel on my test.................................It got me a pass. They instructor hated squirrels.

Tom

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Squirrels are kamikazie.

I hit the brakes lightly to allow one to pass - then as he had passed I thought it was all done. Then the stupid little animal decides to go back... naturally under my front and rear tyre.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The sound of the fur being ripped of the sweet bunny buggers is what gets me ...drove all round town once with one stuck to the grill as little kids pointed ahhh shame ...:tomato:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The sound of the fur being ripped of the sweet bunny buggers is what gets me ...drove all round town once with one stuck to the grill as little kids pointed ahhh shame ...:tomato:
......should have heard that cat of mine!

"If the next president was gay,
Would his husband be called the 'first man'?"

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
If anyone gets a squirrel and it was a head shot you could stop and take it home, apparantly the back legs have got quite a bit of meat on them, not as mush as say a Turkey, but more than a rat.

Still waiting for my pest controller friend to drop off the squirrels he promised, and the crows.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Just spotted this, It was me! I was on my way to Oulton park for the BTCC. Suprisingly no damage. It hit on the passenger side windscreen and just left a pigeon shaped fat stain! Stupid bird! I saw them from a long way back, looked in my mirror and saw the other lane was clear and pulled over. No problem as the birds flew off towards the side of the road, except for the one stupid pigeon who decided to turn round. I then had nowhere else to go and THUD! One dead pigeon. :( Only thing I've ever killed in a car. (Or outside for that matter!)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
What have you killed inside??? :)

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
:)

Tom

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I nearly hit an old dog the other day...

... but luckily the Focus ST driver just managed to swerve me! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts