2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red CTR on the M6 in Birmingham last night complete with Civinfo sticker, followed me for a few miles then got bored and wedged itself between a couple of Ediie Stobart lorries, just caught it up again and it shot of down a slip road.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was ME...

Spent most of the morning getting up to Warrington on the M6 - pig of a journey due to the whole area around J9 being clogged up because of some new elecrical store opening event...:mad:

Spent most of the afternoon getting back home from Warrington due to some useless bleeders crashing Northbound on the M6 resulting in the usual miles of slow moving traffic south-bound - you'd think no one had ever seen a mangled car before :roll: the CTR averaged 36mpg tho' - quite surprised!

For me, the M6 is getting to be the most frustrating road to travel on (especially in the CTR!) trouble is I'm working on a project in Warrington for a few months so I'll be spending a lot of time on it...

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn nightmare the M6, I just caught up with you as you made a sneaky move onto the slip road, mind your car sounded great as you opened it up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah - couldn't wait to get on the M5 South - freedom at last!!!

Only had the CTR a couple of weeks - yours was the 1st other Civic I've seen with a Civinfo sticker so far though I must admit I was concentrating more on getting home on time...[smilie=upyeah.gif]

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Spent most of the morning getting up to Warrington on the M6 - pig of a journey due to the whole area around J9 being clogged up because of some new elecrical store opening event...:mad:

Spent most of the afternoon getting back home from Warrington due to some useless bleeders crashing Northbound on the M6 resulting in the usual miles of slow moving traffic south-bound - you'd think no one had ever seen a mangled car before :roll: the CTR averaged 36mpg tho' - quite surprised!

For me, the M6 is getting to be the most frustrating road to travel on (especially in the CTR!) trouble is I'm working on a project in Warrington for a few months so I'll be spending a lot of time on it...
Might take longer but have you tried A49 from warrington towards Whitchurch then towards the M54 Telford, then onto the M6. That's a fantastic route for the CTR. :D
Sod the M6 too many reps and foreign wagons on it...:mad: yet another crash today involving a foreign national.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Was that the big 'fat-ac' (with the 2 week old baby one of the victims.......). Sad, very sad. But if foreign lorries are allowed on our roads it's bound to happen, dread to count the amount of times I've almost been pinned between the rail and the lorry deciding to move without signalling (a couple of fatals on the M25/A2 joining in the last few months).

Tom

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
It probably happens with British drivers in Europe ?? there's got to be a better way of preventing these incidents !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts