·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
B*stard [smilie=hearts.gif]

Reactions: Mebz

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Very nice indeed mate, gotta love the dc5... More exclusive in my eyes and everything that's in it is meant to be in it......have any plans yet for this beast?? Missing the turbo much or happy to be back in a N/A?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice indeed mate, gotta love the dc5... More exclusive in my eyes and everything that's in it is meant to be in it......have any plans yet for this beast?? Missing the turbo much or happy to be back in a N/A?
Not missing the turbo at all, well maybe a little when I come across the usual idiots in their golf r's or a45 amg's or m3's.

I've got a list of mods in my head.

NA bolt ons, wheels and handling mods

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Ooh what bolt ons?..... After they're on I take it a remap?? I can personally recommend romain, my car has been soo much better since he mapped it.....if you wanted big power but with na drivaility you could always get a charger....I was a bit skeptical on how it would change mine but couldn't go back now....it drives like a na 4litlre car ?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Ooh what bolt ons?..... After they're on I take it a remap?? I can personally recommend romain, my car has been soo much better since he mapped it.....if you wanted big power but with na drivaility you could always get a charger....I was a bit skeptical on how it would change mine but couldn't go back now....it drives like a na 4litlre car ?
What charger do you have?

Oh and nice DC5 Mebz

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah remap goes without saying. I'm up north so will just go with grinspeed for mapping. I think they use a local company called ade tuning.

I'm going to go for solid fabrications big bore manifold and 3 inch super silent exhaust, rbc and an induction which I've not decided on.

I've tried the forced induction thing, it doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

I'll keep this thread updated if people want. Always feel a bit conscious I'm posting about an integra on civic forum.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Yeah remap goes without saying. I'm up north so will just go with grinspeed for mapping. I think they use a local company called ade tuning.

I'm going to go for solid fabrications big bore manifold and 3 inch super silent exhaust, rbc and an induction which I've not decided on.

I'll keep this thread updated if people want. Always feel a bit concord I'm posting about an integra on civic forum.
Yeh Grinstead are well regarded so I wouldn't worry about going there....or tdi north for that matter....they're some nice mods mate. I bet the solid fab manifold will be a thing of beauty, and I've not seen the super silent exhaust in person before so not sure what that's saying but if it's from the sane guys it will be a great bit of kit no doubt. Yeh rbc for sure if your staying na. And never concord mate lol...it has a Honda badge so the heart is the sane ?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts

I'll keep this thread updated if people want. Always feel a bit conscious I'm posting about an integra on civic forum.

Don't blame you mate, my DC2 was turbocharged and even though it didn't break, I was always worried about the reliability of it as it sometimes ran hot on track. I eventually put it back to standard and sold the forged block to pay for stamp duty on my house.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a road car I think it's awesome but on track like you said it's not great.

At Donnington I was doing 12 to 15 minutes sessions only because of oil temperature.

Nit great.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
For a road car I think it's awesome but on track like you said it's not great.

At Donnington I was doing 12 to 15 minutes sessions only because of oil temperature.

Nit great.
Ahh well, I was similar to that, eventually I figured it out that it was the intercooler blocking cool air flow. When I lifted the intercooler out of the way, engine temps dropped massively.

If I was to do it again, I'd change the radiator/intercooler layout.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Personally I don't have a turbo as I don't want that strain on my gearbox but I am in no way saying there not awesome (which they are) but I have never had a issue with heat....do you still run oil coolers on the turb's??

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Personally I don't have a turbo as I don't want that strain on my gearbox but I am in no way saying there not awesome (which they are) but I have never had a issue with heat....do you still run oil coolers on the turb's??
Mine had a 16row thermostatically controlled oil cooler, like I said the intercooler was the cooling issue cluprit. If I did it again with the new intercooler/radiator setup, it would take a beating and stay cool all day long. Turbo wasn't a strain on the gearbox because it was set up for low boost. There's also option for boost per gear in Hondata so you can map it for less wheel spin.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Mine didn't have an oil cooler. To run an oil cooler on fn2 you should really run the fd2 oil pump set up. That's what I found doing my research.

If you have deep pockets you can make it work like people have, just not for me for a weekend/track car.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Mine didn't have an oil cooler. To run an oil cooler on fn2 you should really run the fd2 oil pump set up. That's what I found doing my research.

If you have deep pockets you can make it work like people have, just not for me for a weekend/track car.
Yeh mate that's right the fd2 is what all k20 should have IMHO, but charged isn't for everyone....technically on the track a na would be better(except from the straights) as the power is more controllable/predictable.... You going for coilovers on there? Your build is going to be very interesting mate, you going to strip it out?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts