2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else wander why some people who dont own a CTR replace their Honda badges, with the very special one's that come on our car. Im talking about the Red H. I can understand colour coding the car, but why pretend its something it isnt. Sorry if i upset anyone here, just trying to understand why

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not everybody can afford a CTR ....... Those that can im sure appreciate how fortunate they are ....... Those that cant would like to ...... But maybe dont have the money .....so next best thing make it look like one ..... Its not rocket science man ..... It dont need a launch pad ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
I have a "red H" on my CTS. I aint trying to be a CTR. Just liked the grill. Plain and simple. Pretty sure most of the others with "red H's" are in the same boat as me.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I think this is one of those non constructive threads that will just end up in an argument. Someone take it out the back and shoot it in the head please...

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Totally agree any kind of ctr kit on non ctr cars just looks out of place and sad. Don't be ashamed of what you drive and try and make it something it's not. Sorry but I hate modification of any kind.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I think you guys should bear in mind the following :-
A Type S gt 2.2 diesel is more expensive than a Type R.
Many who have purchased the former and I include myself, did so because they didn't want a Type R and have "been there and done that", so cost was not an issue.
I havn't added the red H to my grille, but I fully support those who have, simply because it's their choice and they like it.

·
3,295 Posts
Here here jack the lad.

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish people would read the post first, i havent said it is wrong just trying to understand why. Was really after what people with CTR's thought. Will say this yet AGAIN sorry if this upsets people

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I like the red H's on the wheelcaps of my 5-door 2.2. I think the TypeD stickers on the side of my car are a nice gimmick, and I'm really thinking of painting the black H in my perspex grill red. Yes, I'll keep the perspex, just want the H to be red. I am NOT trying to copy a TypeR at all, my 2.2 is a 5-door anyway! But it 's a black car, and the red details just look nice on it.

BTW why do you CTR-owners pretend to have a racecar, while it isn't? What's with the spoilers, skirts and splitters while they have no function at all? What's with the 18" and 19" rims? I guess you get my point. Where's the limit?

K.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I wish people would read the post first, i havent said it is wrong just trying to understand why. Was really after what people with CTR's thought. Will say this yet AGAIN sorry if this upsets people
as a CTR owner I'm not bothered or offended at all.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
as a CTR owner I'm not bothered or offended at all.
I'm also a ctr owner... and.. Agreed!

I'm all for making car's individual to their owners, and I think this is just another way!

People choose their car colour based on their preference, so I see no reason why they can't choose the colour of their "H".

However, yesterday I followed a '98 vauxhall Tigra, in red, with a "type R" badge on the back and sides... I have to admit I did find that hilarious! and gave him a little wave as I stormed past him! :)

·
3,295 Posts
This isnt a CTR forum mate, its open to everyone you know!

If you are going to "ponder" about why people with non CTR put red H's on their cars, you are going to get said people responding arnt you!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
does anyone else wander why some people who dont own a CTR replace their Honda badges, with the very special one's that come on our car. Im talking about the Red H. I can understand colour coding the car, but why pretend its something it isnt. Sorry if i upset anyone here, just trying to understand why
I would have to say I completely disagree with the above point. Few simple reasons -

1. A lot of people put the CLS grille on their prev. gen C Class. It was such a success that Benz are now offering it standard on the Sport variant. Are those people trying to pretend that their C is a CLS? No. It just looks good (ok, vandalism was another small reason).

2. Most of us like to wear jerseys of sports teams that we support. Are we pretending to play for that team? No.

3. With the majority of people who opt for the CTR grille on their CTS I'm sure its a case of aesthetics and not about pretending.

While I wouldn't put a CTR grille on mine, I don't really disagree with those that do.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I like the red H's on the wheelcaps of my 5-door 2.2. I think the TypeD stickers on the side of my car are a nice gimmick, and I'm really thinking of painting the black H in my perspex grill red. Yes, I'll keep the perspex, just want the H to be red. I am NOT trying to copy a TypeR at all, my 2.2 is a 5-door anyway! But it 's a black car, and the red details just look nice on it.

BTW why do you CTR-owners pretend to have a racecar, while it isn't? What's with the spoilers, skirts and splitters while they have no function at all? What's with the 18" and 19" rims? I guess you get my point. Where's the limit?

K.
I think when entering the parts department - the second you enquire about any Type R paraphernalia you should instantly be asked for a chassis number à la how BMW M3 used to be. Without said chassis number you are refused sale of said CTR parts!

As whatever way you look at it you are diluting the brand. And yes they might not be race cars (obviously they are classed as a Hot hatch) but they would out pace any other civic (FN2) round the track or on the road. Hence the type R branding! Numb nuts.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts