2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please send me a link to where i can buy a red honda badge to put on my type r grill
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been looking for a red grill badge to complement my grill but was reluctant to pay main dealer prices, so, with a little experimenting I have customised the existing badge. Looks pretty damn good too and cost me sod all as I already had the paint in the garage. I will post a new "how to" in a little while.
Basically I removed the existing badge, made a template of it, transferred the template to thin aluminium, keyed the surface, primed it, painted it red, lacquered it, then glued the badge onto it. Then glued the badge back on the grill. Happy days. :-D

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
I have been looking for a red grill badge to complement my grill but was reluctant to pay main dealer prices, so, with a little experimenting I have customised the existing badge. Looks pretty damn good too and cost me sod all as I already had the paint in the garage. I will post a new "how to" in a little while.
Basically I removed the existing badge, made a template of it, transferred the template to thin aluminium, keyed the surface, primed it, painted it red, lacquered it, then glued the badge onto it. Then glued the badge back on the grill. Happy days. :-D

Thumbs up Krissy, job well done think it looks better than the real one since it is 3d as well. lovely.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i used a slightly bigger ep3 badge and stuck it on top have a good at my gallery to see how it looks!

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
keep a look out on ebay,i picked up a brand new type r red h badge last week for £32,still in unopened packaging:p

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
That mod is sweet i really wana do it but change the colour 2 blue think it *** look sick but me being stoopid don't really understand how u did it after reading it about ten times haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts