2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get a fitting red Honda logo for the 9th gen on the front like in the picture?
For the 8th gen it was easy to get (Type R logo). But since there is no type R....
And is it easy to fit?

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Could you remove the logo and put red vinyl behind then restick the badge on I think I've heard someone do that before ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't mean to sound like an ass but why would you want an Type R Badge on a normal Civic? Or maybe you have some other plans?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We just think it looks good. We do not want to pretend to drive a type R or anything, because anyone can see it is not. We had it on our 8th gen too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you remove the logo and put red vinyl behind then restick the badge on I think I've heard someone do that before ?
Maybe. But I am afraid to damage something. I am not really handy with cars. The logo on our 8th gen was fitted bij the dealer for a small price.
I will have a look tomorrow to see how it is fitted now.
Thanks for the idea, though.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
The badge on the 9G is bigger than the 8G badge so you can't fit one from the current Type R, but you can apply some vinyl behind it to get the same look. I've done it with mine using a blue to match the car colour.:cool:

You'll need to cut some thin plastic or metal though to fit the shape of the badge then apply the vinyl to that.

The badge is held on with 2 pins, if you remove the slam panel you can see the clips on the back of the pins, you need to release those and the badge will lift off.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
The badge on the 9G is bigger than the 8G badge so you can't fit one from the current Type R, but you can apply some vinyl behind it to get the same look. I've done it with mine using a blue to match the car colour.:cool:

You'll need to cut some thin plastic or metal though to fit the shape of the badge then apply the vinyl to that.

The badge is held on with 2 pins, if you remove the slam panel you can see the clips on the back of the pins, you need to release those and the badge will lift off.
This is the one I remember seeing looks quality :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
We just think it looks good. We do not want to pretend to drive a type R or anything, because anyone can see it is not. We had it on our 8th gen too.
Totally agree, looks great. Nice 8G by the way... Would like to have something like this on my milano 9G too, will look into this when spring comes. Gers solution looks good, but not sure if I'm capable of making it look as good...

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
It's pretty easy to do, the only tricky part is getting the clips off the badge pins.

I broke one of mine but it didn't matter as I had planned on using some No More Nails tape to hold the edges of the badge down tight against the vinyl panel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great, Gers. I will try this when I can find the time and report back how it went. Nice car. Almost as nice as my Big Red One. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just letting you know that I am working on this. Can't find the right colour red yet.
I have now two pieces of vinyl and both of them are not the right colour. To light. There is plenty to find on the Internet, but it is hard to see what colour red it should be.
To late I remembered that when they installed the detachable trailer hitch, they had to cut out an nice piece of red plastic out of the bumper. That would have been perfect for this! [smilie=sad.gif]

Well, maybe somebody else can use this idea. See also this clip for the trailer hitch:

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
You'll need to be very lucky to get an exact match using vinyl, I found a blue that was pretty close to my RSB and am happy enough with that for now.

Haha, that piece of plastic would have been spot on!:facepalm:

The best plan of attack now would be to get some Milano red spray paint and primer,paint and lacquer a piece of plastic or metal.:cool:

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts

very nice cuz :D such a show off :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You'll need to be very lucky to get an exact match using vinyl, I found a blue that was pretty close to my RSB and am happy enough with that for now.

Haha, that piece of plastic would have been spot on!:facepalm:

The best plan of attack now would be to get some Milano red spray paint and primer,paint and lacquer a piece of plastic or metal.:cool:
Yep, but the colours I found were not close enough.
I will keep on looking for vinyl or the right colour of spray paint. I'm not in a hurry.

The badges from Australia might be interesting, but there is no mentioning of the size and also the colour might be wrong. It will cost me about € 54 (= 44 GBP) postage included. So I will probably wait until somebody else takes the risk. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/FONT]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, but the colours I found were not close enough.
I will keep on looking for vinyl or the right colour of spray paint. I'm not in a hurry.

The badges from Australia might be interesting, but there is no mentioning of the size and also the colour might be wrong. It will cost me about € 54 (= 44 GBP) postage included. So I will probably wait until somebody else takes the risk. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/FONT]

It will definately fit, it even says in the description its for the 9G hatch. I will order it and update you.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts