2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw 2 could be the same one, first was in the queue near maplins, 2nd followed me all the way to Corby, literally saw you after the speed camera leaving Kettering, flicked my hazards as we parted company:)

·
Achtung Owls!
163 Posts
members are lurking in Kettering? nifty. :) ive yet to spot a civinfo'er in the wild :)

This wasnt me, but I work in kettering - if you're ever on the A14 (heading east from M1 in the morning or west to M1 in the evenings, and you see a FK3 NHB 2008 Civic (BF08***) flash yer lights and say allo :) I aint got my sticker on yet... really must get around to doing it. :)

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only popped over to maplins to pick up some cctv rarely over there, usually once a year to get my car serviced at the rubbish dealership, I must of seen a dozen civics there yesterday, quite surprised not one had a sticker, I thought it was the norm when you get a car join a forum for pointers and solving problems.

·
Achtung Owls!
163 Posts
I only popped over to maplins to pick up some cctv rarely over there, usually once a year to get my car serviced at the rubbish dealership, I must of seen a dozen civics there yesterday, quite surprised not one had a sticker, I thought it was the norm when you get a car join a forum for pointers and solving problems.
yeah - thats why i joined - had a look around as a freebie user and was really surprised at the sheer depth of knowledge available , so thought id better sign up.

Yeah, I know where the dealership is - near the railbridge, isnt it? I had a look there when I was looking at civics, they had next to nothing there - in fact, i couldnt see the point of that dealer at all - its so small - their only ace was that they had access to the rest of the dealership's cars - which you can see online anyway. (and I thought they were overpriced too, whilst we're at it) :)

well - good to know another member at least rolled into town one day. :)
take care buddy! :)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I'm in Kettering (CTR Bronze, and I'm never putting stickers on it!) Have to get a service done soon, and that place is only a mile or so from where I live. Should I find somewhere else instead?!?!?

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I use them for the service stamp only, had problems with warranty issues. I think their clueless on the type r, I asked for the iPod connection lead and they asked if mine was the 5 door version?? I thought firstly the type r is 3dr and secondly why would the amount of doors alter the lead I need. when I have the service done I go straight to my garage I trust and use and get them to put my choice of oil in (silkolene pro s), Kettering are Honda/Peugeot and I googled the oil and it's Peugeot recommended its the correct grade but not for my liking. And when I said stickers I meant the small civinfo window sticker you have in the rear.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I use them for the service stamp only,
So you get the service done somewhere else, and then the Honda dealer is happy to stamp the book? Seems odd that they would do that.

Yes, I know which sticker you mean, but like I said, I'm not putting stickers on it :p

Anyhow, you have put me off now, and I will look for another dealer to do the service!

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you get the service done somewhere else, and then the Honda dealer is happy to stamp the book? Seems odd that they would do that.

Yes, I know which sticker you mean, but like I said, I'm not putting stickers on it :p

Anyhow, you have put me off now, and I will look for another dealer to do the service!
No i get the car serviced at honda, then i go and get the oil changed over to something better quality

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
if you're ever on the A14 (heading east from M1 in the morning or west to M1 in the evenings, and you see a FK3 NHB 2008 Civic (BF08***) flash yer lights and say allo :)
I'll look out for you. I work in Kettering and travel up and down the A14 as well. Blue type-s (LB58***)

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
No i get the car serviced at honda, then i go and get the oil changed over to something better quality
Oops sorry, I see what you mean :p

Maybe I will take it there then. What ever oil they use will be fine by me. Only ever been in there once, and that was just to collect the spare wheel kit I ordered over the phone.

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Make notes of your fuel level and your average mpg on both occasions mine had considerably dropped. Oh and their not cheap tried charging me £900 for a new clutch, i told them honda uk say fixed price is 500 and something they rang me back saying we looked into it and it's because you own a type r, (lying gets i knew the truth so just agreed)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Make notes of your fuel level and your average mpg on both occasions mine had considerably dropped. Oh and their not cheap tried charging me £900 for a new clutch, i told them honda uk say fixed price is 500 and something they rang me back saying we looked into it and it's because you own a type r, (lying gets i knew the truth so just agreed)
that's it, I'm off them again now! Are you in Leicester? Surely you don't need to use the Kettering place, especially if it is this bad?!?

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No im past rockingham way just put leicester up so people knew where it was, give them one shot you never know, i got talking to an old chap in corby who owns a standard civic he asked if i used kettering honda, i told him the problems i had with them he said they have bent over backwards to help him, so it's either me or it's the type r's, or just because he was old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts