2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys N girls,
i was driving today an i came across some width restrictions an i thought oh SH*T:facepalm: but the thing is these width restrictions are not in a straight lane, i hope I'm making sense here, the road kind of bends, well anyway to cut a long story short, i basically brushed one of wheels against the curb:(
the scrapping is along the chrome/stainless steel part of the wheel (the outer ring) hope that makes sense, does anyone know around the london area a professional wheel refurbisher that will be able to sort that out?? as i spoke to a local one near mine, an he said he hasn't got the facility to refurbish chrome/stainless steel (what ever that part is) i don't mind traveling out a little, but nothing tooooo far lol,
i hope this had made sense, if not, then please let me kno, an ill try again lool,
thanks people hope to hear from you lot soon ;)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
The problem with rage alloys is that they're diamond cut, meaning they are difficult to refurb.. you need to find a company with that facility.. good luck!

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
The problem with rage alloys is that they're diamond cut, meaning they are difficult to refurb.. you need to find a company with that facility.. good luck!
Don't believe the lightnings are diamond cut though :confused:

Believe there's a good place on the a10 in Enfield could try there; can't remember the name...

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
If its not too deep you could wet sand the lip yourself, i've had a couple of minor scuffs which I repaired myself, you can only see it on very close inspection.

Just use very fine sandpaper, plenty of water, than a gentle dry rub to give it the machined look. Oh, and sand in the direction of the wheel. Remember, this only works if its a light scuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't believe the lightnings are diamond cut though :confused:

Believe there's a good place on the a10 in Enfield could try there; can't remember the name...
please a name would be nice, I'm desperate here :( iv tried everyone, an there all saying it cannot be done :(

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
have you tried wicked wheels they do diamond cutting
tel -0844 050 2121,branches everywhere ,hope this helps..
+1

my mate steve runs the south east area ,he did the diamond cutting on my fn2 rims.
give them a call

1 - 9 of 9 Posts