2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is it impossible to place the rear camera, or rather the registration plate, such that a small portion of the registration plate is not visible in the rear camera?

When I picked up my car in Germany, the dealer mounted the rear registration plate on some kind of plastic cradle which made it protrude from the back by maybe 0.5 cm total. With this configuration, I could see a rather large portion of the registration plate in the rear camera. It didn't hamper visibility or functionality, but was still quite annoying.

Anyways, when I took the car to my French Honda dealer, he just took away the German plastic cradle and attached the registration plate directly to the trunk (he did this for free btw, and he sure will get my business in the future). Now it's much better, but I can still see a small portion of my registration plate (I would say about as much as seen on the demo in the Wiki section). It's not really a big issue but just a little annoying. Does everyone have this problem or has anyone found a good solution?

I would have thought that this Honda accessory would fit on the Civic rather more "seamlessly".

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
can you not take the plate off and trim it down yourself, or mount the plate lower

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would seem to one obvious solution indeed. But it's pretty low already. And seeing that my Honda dealer, who I must suppose is used to installing these cameras, didn't put it any lower to start with, I was assumimg he had his reasons.

I guess I was wondering if this is a common occurrence or if my plates are thicker than average or something? Or if anyone had manage to perhaps move the camera to a different pplace (more central?) or put it at a different angle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts