2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ~16K of rather inspired miles, The fronts are nearing 4/5mm - I'd like to have some new rubber by the 3mm mark, to avoid careering backwards into the central reservations on rainy days.

At the moment, I've been on the stock Yokohama V105s. I haven't had any issues with them, but as I'm looking at reviews the design now seems to be quite dated, and as much as I like having "JDM AF" tyres, the offerings from Michelin & Continental look quite appealing, and performant.

As I mostly drive for enjoyment, I'm looking for a UHP Summer Tyre; Something along the lines of the MPS4S - I'd quite like turn in, and cornering grip etc. etc., but I'd rather not sacrifice too much in the way of cabin noise and wet grip.

The 225/45/R17 Size is very common, which is nice, saving a few pennies, but it does mean some of the most sportive options aren't available - CSC6's and the like starting at R18 - That said, has anyone tried different tyre sizes on the 17" standard wheels? Perhaps a 235/45? Could open some doors.

That somewhat narrows the selection to PS4's or ContiPremiumContact 6's and similarly positioned tyres - Has anyone had any experience with similar?

A curveball option is AD08Rs - I've heard good things about their wet performance, but I'm not entirely convinced by the tread pattern!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had Yokohamas from new, I'm a high mileage driver so I like to try different things and also move the tyres around to try and wear them out as a set.
For the 2nd set I tried Avon ZV7'S. I've just switched these around after 24k miles and the fronts are on 5mm. So they are wearing well and they're not expensive £72 on black circles in 225 45 17.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Recently had Avon ZV7's fitted on my tourer, grip seems fine and the tyre noise is much better than the Bridgestones (OEM)

·
Wizard
84 Posts
We've been running on Goodyears Vector 4 seasons for 10+ years now (to my knowledge).
Never had any slips etc, summer/winter.

Corners well, fuel eco is good and tyre noise is okay(ish).

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I just fitted a set of michelin pilot sport 4s - been giving it some beans in the wet and corners (the bridgestones that were on it were truly awful in the wet with massive understeer even when not pushed) so far I am incredibly impressed by the PS4s. I only needed summer tyres (I have a separate set of alloys with my Nokian winters on) but wet performance in the summer is massively important to me (I live in a very very wet part of the UK lol)

The PS4s are very very well planted IMO when really pushing around the corners & roundabouts in all weather (which is important in the UK [smilie=ebil-thumbu:) - I am very well pleased with my choice. :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts