2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

I Had some issues with my fn2 it had a whine from the clutch as I lifted the pedal up when I was either in reverse or in 1st gear.

Anyway Honda agreed to sort it out under warrenty.
They got a new clutch in just incase as they suspect that gearbox oil was leaking onto the clutch.

Anyway after sometime with honda they told me good news no clutch needed. seems there was an issue with the release bearing that had gearbox fluid on it.

So they replaced all the seals, tighten up the inspecution bolt and replaced the release bearing. feels all good now. To be honest feels great changing gear smoothly feels easier now and no whine!

Thank you to Bognor Regis Yeomans Honda. Great guys. they have the car again soon for a new lower splitter, lower girll, type r nose bagde, wing mirror cap and gear gaitor. plus my drivers window rattles like crazy if I have the window down which is also getting fixed.

I also picked the this :D
Red H key Back:
£12.50 I think it was.
I have the code if anyone wants to order one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Was your car still under warranty ? within the 3 years?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its got about 9 months left on the warrenty

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Interesting.
Bognor Yeomans is also where my car goes. I took it in a few months ago with a clicking clutch and the gears didn't feel smooth when changing from second to third. Guess what they told me.... clutch release bearing needed replacing and this would sort both issues.
They did the work for £300 quid. Felt great for a few a while. The clutch clicking returned within days so took it back in... I still have it. The gears felt better for a while but now it feels the same again... I have always suspected I got blagged a bit, I'll be interested to see if your problems are properly resolved. I do like the guys down there though, always happy to try and help.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I drove mine to tdi south and the gears felt nice and smooth and the whine noise has gone :) will keep checking though. Pabby where you from then?

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Hi IVe got the whining noise on my clutch aswell just as its biting. Ive reported this to my honda dealer(peter brooks rotherham) theyve heard the noise and oked a replacenent clutch this was january this year. I chased it up just yesterday and apparently there still waiting on honda sorted the prob out at there end as the new parts theyve designed havnt worked.

When asked if the prob would be sorted under the warrenty as my complaint was made a good 12mths before it runs out i was told they cant garrentee it. So im now in the proccess of reporting it to honda themselves and waiting for there reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts