2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a facelift honda civic 9th and trying to make it look like the type r.

The oem wheel alloys are either 16" black or 17" diamond cut. Currently I have the diamond cut one. I have found a after market 17" wheel alloy that looks exactly like the 19" type r version. I wonder the reliability in general and does it also effect the driving?

I have no experience in using after market wheel alloys.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
a 17" wheel won't look like a 19" wheel unless you're looking at it with your eyes closed. :) if you want your car to look like a type r then get some 19"s like a type r has, but even then it wont look right as the suspension will sit too high, so factor in the cost of lowering in your plans. the width and offset of the wheel will define where it sits in relation to the arch so you will need to know the spec of whatever wheel you are buying.

reliability and affecting the driving? depends what you're fitting - cheap cast aftermarket wheels will likely be less strong vs oem wheels and may also be heavier which will have a negative effect on handling, ride and acceleration. My rays are fully forged so stronger and lighter than oem but they are also way more expensive than a set of honda wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I read that the 19" is hard to drive on my 1.8. 18" would be the maximum base on this website Honda Civic 5d 2015 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs . I am fully aware that a 17" won't look like a 19" and also the wheel arch trims are different aswell. Anyway I have a feeling that it still will look good in the end. My current 17" standard diamond cut alloys look pretty nice atm, in terms of size. I used to have 16".

The type r look a like alloys I was talking about can be found here https://allegro.pl/oferta/felgi-17-honda-r-civic-sport-typer-c-hr-cr-z-9845670202
The price was cheap, like EUR 400-500 for 4x alloys, cheap if you compare to genuine ones. No idea about the quality and reliability. It says it is certificated from JWL, VIA and ISO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts